PARALLEL LINES

~Chapter Song: Jungigo ft Juhyeon 'Decalcomanie'~

"Are you serious?" Seung-Ho's slightly bewildered and inquistive voice came through So-Hyun's laptop speakers loud enough to perk Podo's attention but not enough for her to turn her eyes away from the TV.

"Yeah... why? Don't you think so?" So-Hyun returned absentmindedly still monitoring the TV screen. They were in the middle of a video call, both watching a rerun of the drama 'The King's Face' in their respective houses.

"So you're telling me that you find Seo-In Guk more attractive than me?" He tried to verify.

So-Hyun hid from the camera's view and held a hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter that was threatening to erupt, because that was not what she had said. In fact all she had done was let her inner thoughts out as usual and comment on the talent, Seo-In Guk's visuals and Seung-Ho had somehow drawn his own conclusions.

"Oppa, when did I say that?"

"Just now. You said, 'woah, he's the most beautiful thing I've seen.'" He repeated.

"You're  missing the end. I said he's the most beautiful thing I've seen on screen recently." She corrected, and at the same time Podo who was at the foot of her bed let out a bark. "See Oppa, even Podo thinks you're being strange. Oppa do you appear on TV? Are you a celebrity? Don't think I haven't heard from Ji-Sub Oppa how you carried photos of Park Shin-Hye around when you were younger." She turned the tables on him with a knowing look on her face. It seemed like the inner child in Seung-Ho was making an appearance tonight and she liked it because it usually came with the advantage of teasing him.

He was mumbling something under his breath in attempt to explain but all that So-Hyun could hear was an awkward laugh and she enjoyed watching his reaction. Before he could say anything coherent a soft knock came on So-Hyun's door and soon her mother pierced her head through. "Am I disturbing?" She questioned.

"Nope. Not at all. Eommoni, I can call back later." Seung-Ho quickly raised his voice, answering for So-Hyun and she gave a sly smile knowing fully well that he was just trying to get out of their previous conversation.

She closed her laptop as her mother neared her bed, sitting on the edge to face her daughter. So-Hyun stared at her mother with curiosity, it had been a while since she had done the 'knocking on her door' thing which meant that there was something she had on her mind. Her mother simply stared at her daughter, her lips clamped not sure how she wanted to speak to her daughter. So-Hyun noticed and chose to lead the conversation.

"What's wrong?"

"How are you and my son-in law doing?" She asked, deciding that approaching her this way would be better.

So-Hyun furrowed her eyebrows knowing that this wasn't her mother's original aim, but nonetheless she could feel her cheeks heating up at the mention of his name from her mother. "He's fine, you just heard him, right? Playful as ever." She answered, choosing to not point out that Seung-Ho was not her son-in law yet. Her mother had made it a habit and now she continues to call him that, but deep down So-Hyun didn't mind because marriage was the plan they both had for sometime in their future.

"He's treating you well?" She asked, continuing when So-Hyun looked at her slightly taken aback. "I've seen how supportive he's been of you these past few months, so I know his heart, but I just wanted to make sure that everything is okay with you."

So-Hyun nodded in response, "He's been really supportive. I never thought he'd be this big of a help to me." She explained, her eyes drifting to her fingers. "I was in such a dark place in my head, I didn't think it was possible to find any source of light, but I'm getting better. It wasn't just Oppa, you all helped me and I'm forever grateful."