A LATE GOOD NIGHT

~Chapter Song: HEIZE 'You, Clouds, Rain'~

"Kim So-Hyun-ssi, I'm sure you know my grandson?" The halmeoni spoke and So-Hyun stood still.

Grandson? What Grandson? S-Seonsaengnim? Halmeoni, I don't know anyone.

So-Hyun slowly turned around and gave the halmeoni a warm smile "Halmeoni... grandson? W-who is your grandson?" she asked. Please don't say it.

The halmeoni stared at So-Hyun, inspecting her from head to toe. "Oh, this boy" she giggled "He must not have spoken about me often?" So-Hyun stared blankly at this halmeoni unable to process what exactly in the hell was going on.

What does she want from me?

Don't panic.

Is she going to hand me a white envelope?

"Jin-Goo..." The halmeoni spoke "... You know a boy by the name of Jin-Goo, don't you?" Her eyes now peering at So-Hyun, but her mouth was curled up in a smile.

"J-Jin Goo...? Ah are you Jin-Goo's halmeoni?" So-Hyun sighed before giving a full 90 degrees bow. "... But Halmeoni, what brings you all the way here- "

"I" she began to speak, cutting So-Hyun off "Just wanted to see the kind of friend my Jin-Goo was hanging around"

What a weird way of saying hi So-Hyun thought.

"Ah... okay. Nice to meet you for the first time, my na- "

"No need." Jin-Goo's halmeoni cut her off for the second time with a smile "I know who you are already and now I've seen you in person. I... just wanted to meet the person that has my Jin-Goo living like a human being again".

"Pardon?" So-Hyun asked in a confused tone. Human being?

Jin-Goo's halmeoni chuckled before continuing "Well I'll be going now, here take this" she said pulling out a business card from her purse and handing it to So-Hyun "If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call me" giving a wide-eyed smile. I see where Oppa gets his smile from.

"Ah halmeoni, there's no need thank you" So-Hyun said in attempt to give the card back.

"Please" Jin-Goo's halmeoni pushed the card back to So-Hyun "Whoever's a friend of Jin-Goo is a friend of mine".

"Also, don't let him know that I met you here today. As you may know that boy Jin-Goo seems to be a bit embarrassed of me" she chuckled "So-Hyun-ssi, you seem like a smart girl so I'm sure you understand what I mean." With her final words she made her way back into the car, the sound of her walking stick getting fainter the farther she walked. So-Hyun stood in the same position and made sure to bow as the car drove off.

"Mrs Sook" the secretary started once they were on the car "Will this be okay? I thought you were going to tell her clearly to stay away from Young Master Jin-Goo" he asked and cleared his throat when he heard her scoff.

"Secretary Jung" she spoke in a calm tone.

"Yes, Mrs Sook"

"Since when have you ever seen such tactics work? Doing that would be too obvious and messy." She said quietly inspecting her fresh manicure "We have to work so that we remove her from his side without any noise. You know how his personality is."

"Yes, Mrs Sook"

"This is just the beginning. It's a shame really, she seemed like she had manners." She muttered before laying her head back and closing her eyes.