WATCHING EYES

~Chapter song1: 'Attracted Woman' MONSTA X~

~Chapter song2: 'Stay Here' Joker Xue~

The new semester had started, and So-Hyun was already flooded with work from all her new modules. The only lecturer she currently appreciated was Go-Ara Seonsaengnim who taught the Introduction to Cognition module. Mainly because she had promised not to give them too much work but also because Professor Seung-Ho had vouched for her, explaining how they were childhood friends and that she was a good lecturer.

The weather was slowly transforming into autumn and the leaves were raining on campus. She was staring out the window, waiting for her next lecture when the voices of a group of girls caught her attention.

"Girls, you know that it's Seung-Ho Seonsaengnim's birthday soon right?" One girl spoke.

"Of course, we wouldn't be his fan club if we didn't know that" Another girl spoke.

So-Hyun had to dig her nails into her palms to stop herself from laughing at the fact that professor Seung-Ho has a fan-club.

I'm so going to tease him about this later.

"Do you know what you're going to get him?" The first girl spoke again

"Yah, I thought we were going to all chip in and buy one big present" The other added

So-Hyun put her earphones in, pressed shuffle and smiled as their voices were slowly drowned out. If she thought too much about those girls, she'd only be pushing herself to feel jealous, which was one emotion she did not want to feel.

If she remembered correctly, Seung-Ho's birthday is on the 25th of September, one day before Jin-Goo's. She couldn't imagine the dilemma she'd have faced if they were on the same day. The thought of Jin-Goo led her to remember how distant he'd been since the semester had started. After he had opened up to her about his parents, she'd felt that they'd gotten even closer than before and she wanted to be there for him, but she couldn't really do that by just texting him.

She had vowed to be a good friend to him, she was determined to do so but she couldn't do that if he didn't let her. So-Hyun knew that she also needed to make a change and she trusted Jin-Goo enough to let him know her secret about Professor Seung-Ho, but it was almost as if he was keeping away from her.

She had so many things to think about this year, the added stress of having to apply for an internship wasn't helping either. She had already written three drafts for her application and was down to the last one, all she needed was for it to be approved by the Psychology department before sending it off. So-Hyun was nervous but excited at the same time, she had decided on applying to two places, the first being the facility where they had visited in Semester 1 and the second one Jin-Goo had helped her find. It was in Seoul and only 30 minutes commute from her house. Even though she wanted the winter placement she knew that practically the one in Seoul would be better and if she's honest with competition being tight for space she'd be happy with either one.

A flood of students came out of the lecture hall and she made her way in to get ready for lecture. She smiled upon seeing Professor Go-Ara enter the hall with confidence. She's so pretty.

Since this lecture was two hours long, they usually took a five-minute break in between, another reason why she liked professor Go-Ara. In the five-minute gap a group of students from what So-Hyun recognised to be the Psychology society came in. They gave out flyers for the Psychology Undergraduate Ball that takes place for all years at the end of the school year. It peaked So-Hyun's interest, but she didn't think too much of it, it's not like she was close to the other students so going alone would be pointless.