chapter 15 [epilogue]

you're welcome:)  [kind of short]
I hope this is still in your library lmao.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE @ END

taeyong's POV

I looked at the clock to my left, which read 4:21. I was awoken by Yukhei, mine and Jaehyun's son. We had adopted him roughly around 2 years ago, when he was 5, and lived in China. He lives in the United States with us now and we couldn't be more happier.

Except me, now, waking up at 4 in the morning.

"what, Lucas?" Lucas was his American name. "I can't sleep." He whispered, rubbing his eyes. I moved over, so the middle of the bed would be exposed, "Sleep in between me and mom." I said, Lucas smiled widely, before carefully getting in between me and Jaehyun.

"Goodnight, I love you." Lucas said before closing his eyes and letting sleep take over him. I, on the other hand, couldn't fall back asleep. But I really couldn't be mad at Lucas. Before I exited the bed, I kissed both my blessing on the forehead and went into the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee for me, and Jae when he wakes up in a few hours. Lucas has to wake up in a few hours as well for elementary school.

Minutes after brewing the coffee, I felt arms snake around my waist. I noticed them as my babies, I leant into Jaehyuns touch as he swayed us back and forth.

"Why are you awake?" I asked. It's not like I didn't want to see him. It's just he should be asleep for a few more hours. He sighed, "Lucas is a kicker." He laughed, "But I love him." He continued. I nodded, "Me too. He's just a ball of energy."

"Should we teach him Korean?" Jaehyun asked. My eyes widened, I haven't spoken Korean in a few years. Of course, it took me a while to learn English. But by now, I'm fluent.

"Um, maybe. I haven't used Korean in a while." I said, Jashyun nodded in agreement. "Me too. But what if we want to go back to visit your parents or something?" He asked, and he had a point. I sighed, "Fine. But only if he wants too." I said, while grabbing two mugs from the cabinet. Jaehyun kissed my cheek, before letting go of my waist and sitting at the table.

"Creamer?" I asked, to be sure. "Duh." Jaehyun replied. I poured the right amount of creamer into his cup before handing it over to him. I put a little bit of creamer into mine, before basically chugging it down before getting more. Jaehyun gave me a confused look, I just shrugged, "I don't know." He eyed me, "Don't drink too fast, you'll get sick." He said, before sipping his again.

Soon enough, the tv in the living room turned on. And unknown channel could be heard from where we were. We both got up from our chairs. And as i suspected, there sat Yukhei, watching some cartoon that I didn't know.

I looked at the time, which read 5;50. He didn't have to be woken up for another hour or so.

I snuck up from behind him, and picked him up and spun him around. Which he erupted in a fit of loud screams, which were really adorable, to be honest. It might've been really early, but like I said, he's just a ball of energy.

I sat him down on the couch, I could tell he was dizzy by the way he was swooning and swaying back and forth. Jaehyun came and sat down beside the both of us. He had the brightest smile on his face, and a lone tear strayed down his cheek. Worry washed over my face, I set my hand on his knee, he looked up at my and gave a reassuring smile.

Third Person

"Daddy, why are you crying?!" Lucas yelled, standing up and cupping Jaehyun's face, while wiping the tear away, and any more that left his eyes.

Jaehyun had realized how great of a family he had. He had a beautifully gorgeous husband, a all around great and adorable son, and he really couldn't be happier than he is now.

"I'm okay! I'm okay baby." Jaehyun said, taking Lucas's hands into his own, Lucas returned the smile, showing his teeth, well, some of them, as some of them were gone. "I have another loose tooth! I want to pull it out myself!" Lucas said, switching the topic. Taeyong was usually the one to pull all of Lucas's loose teeth, but Lucas wanted to try for his own.

"Hey, before you pull that sucker out, why don't we go get you dressed?" Jaehyun said, realizing it was almost time to drive him to school. Jaehyun took Yukhei to his room to get him dressed, while Taeyong went into the kitchen for his 3rd cup of coffee. After a few minutes, Jaehyun and Lucas came into the kitchen.

"We'll be leaving now. Do you want to come?" Taeyong shook his head, "Nah, I'll go tomorrow though. I'm not really feeling in right now." He lied, he needed to do something though. Jaehyun glared, "I told you you'd get sick! But you never listen." Jaehyun clicked his tongue. "Isn't your dad dumb? Ugh." Jaehyun asked Lucas, who nodded, agreeing with Jaehyun. Taeyong smiled guiltily, before going to his room.

"I love you both. Hurry back!" He said, not forgetting to kiss jaehyun on the lips and kissing Lucas on the cheeks. He went back to his room after he heard the front door close.

He grabbed something from the top shelf of the closet, somewhere where he knew Jaehyun couldn't reach. He kept both of these for 3 years. He almost, almost forgot about them.

When they met Lucas, he showed them the timer on his wrist. Him being 5 years old at the time, didn't understand what they meant. The time was 11:07:01:05 (11 years, 7 months, 1 week, and 5 days.) he would be 18 when he meets his soulmate.

Hearing the front door open and Jaehyun yelling, "I'm home!" Snapped him out of his trance. He put the objects back in the box and put it behind his back whilst walking into the living room to greet Jaehyun.

"Hey babe." He said cheekily, Jaehyun eyed him, "Whatd you do? I don't smell smoke, what'd you do?" Jaehyun asked, looking around, making Taeyong laugh. "No, no. I didn't do anything bad."

"What's behind your back then?" Jaehyun asked with his arms crossed, making Taeyong smile more. He revealed the black box that he was hiding. "Open it." He handed it to Jaehyun, who took it slowly. He took off the top, and his jaw dropped.

"You kept these?" He asked in almost a whisper. The black haired male nodded, with a bright smile on his face. Jaehyun took them out of the box, and clicked them. He made sure they still worked by scribbling on his skin, which seconds later the same things transferred onto Taeyong's skin.

Yes, Taeyong had kept the pens they used to contact each other with. Jaehyun had given him his when they first met because Taeyong had asked for it. Jaehyun had forgot about this small detail years ago.

"I love you so much." Jaehyun said, throwing his arms around Taeyong, letting the tears flow from his eyes for the second time today. Taeyong smiled, tightly wrapping his arms around his husband.

"I love you, more."

officially the end

——————
so around December, I posted a message about my friend that had unexpectedly committed suicide. and I just want to say thank you for all of you that supported me for the time span that I was gone and understanding. I really appreciate it and it really helped me pull through, your guys' messages. And I couldn't be more thankful. I'm really crying while writing this, if anyone ever needs to talk about anything, or you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here. I love you all. thanks for supporting me & this book.