1.The Touch

Chapter one

"I wonder what will happen to those delinquents when we're out of this hell hole." Jordan said out loud as he leaned against the lockers that were lined up along the halls. Alexa who was busy gathering up all her books turned to see who he was talking about even though she had a pretty good idea who it was.

"Just cause you're jealous you're not over there drooling all over those fake barbies like they are." She laughed looking at all the "populars" gathered around in there little circle. She looked more closely at the group and could see most of the school's team players and lots of fake blonde hair from the girls that wore way too much makeup.

"Why would I be jealous? at least I won't work in McDonald's at the age of 19." Jordan said his gaze still on the swarm of populars.

"That reminds me," Alexa said "we're going to McDonald's after school." 

Alexa and jordan have been friends since they were toddlers and both were practically joined at the hip. She tried to think back to a day when they didn't see each other but whatever she did, he did with her, never leaving her side. She looked up at him, his hair was a little too long, the blonde strands falling into eyes. He was so familiar she could recognise him in the dark, his green-hazel eyes, sharp features and floppy blonde hair that was usually too long and always on the messy side.

"I know I'm beautiful and I know you can't keep your eyes off me but staring isn't very nice." Jordan said his gaze still on the crowd.

"How did yo-" She started to say but Jordan put up his hand to stop her.

"It's cause I'm amazing." He said smiling down at her.

"I don't think even your amazingness will help us out when we're late for class." She Laughed, while looking at her phone just as the final bell rang for class.

"Well hurry up then shorty!" He said, playfully tugging on a curl that fell out of her side braid. "Watch It Travers." She said, deliberately calling him by his last name just to piss him off. Jordan raised both his hands up in the air as if in surrender.

"We got a bad ass over here." he shouted with his hands still raised. She grapped his wrist and dragged him to class before he could gather up anymore attention from the on lookers who were by now giving them dirty looks.

  Her books were clutched tightly to her chest, strands of her red hair fell around her face and she impatiently swept them back out of the way. It was near the end of school and Jordan had a different class so they both went there separate ways. Alexa didn't have any other really good friends, she didn't seem to get on with other girls. Her shyness seemed to irritate most of them. Keeping her head low and keeping to herself she walked through the dense crowds in the halls. 

She just reached her class when someone knocked into her side making her drop all her books on the floor. "Shit." She whispered under breath and looked down at her spilled books.

"Oh, uhm sorry." A voice said, It was rich and dark and had the slight tone of laughter.

"Its okay." She said finally looking up to see who had knocked into her. She had seen him around a couple of times but she didn't know his name. He seemed to be the type of person not to give away lots of information about himself or get involved in the main school activities so she didn't know him that well only that he hung around with the delinquents as Jordan might have said. 

He was quite tall actually to be honest everyone was tall to Alexa's who was a smallest in her whole year. He was cute she supposed if you liked that bad boy sort of thing. His brown hair was messed up as if someone had ruffled it up and he had a days worth of stubble that suited him and gave him that bad ass effect. His eyes were a piercing blue, like the colour of the sea on a sunny day and they were looking straight at her making her look away with embarrassment.