My Evil Imaginary Friend

Bruce's P.O.V.

I had just finished looking at Alex's eyes, she was already taken back to her cell. "Time to test... everything" I murmured to myself.

After testing a few things I found out that my hypothesis was correct... mostly. "Hey did you figure it out?" Steve walked in "Yeah, uh, I was mostly correct, except when, how do I say this?" I was pondering how to put it into words.

"Ok, so let's say she looked at two apartment buildings, one filled with 'Happy-go-lucky' people, the other filled with people suffering from depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, ptsd, and other mental illnesses that can lead to nightmares. The 'Happy-go-lucky' building would appear in black and white, however the other would appear in full color." I finished. That was the best I was going to do with explaining that. "Would you happen to know why she would want us to break her?" Steve asked "Sorry Steve" "it's fine I'll go tell the others" Steve stated and left.

I began to work on some random stuff like double checking math and formulas. I was also listening out for Alex in case she called for anyone. "Please please please please please." I hear Alex say very quickly. I lift my head from my work and watch the monitor. "Please please PLEASE!" She began screaming and clutching her head. I called Steve and told him to make his way down there. Then I saw something odd. "Pl-ease St-op" She was now against the wall with a least two feet of distance between the floor and her feet. She began to claw at something near her neck, like she was being choked.

As soon as Steve opened the door she fell, and began to gasp for air. After that I decided to run to her cell.

"Are you ok?!" I asked her. More out of curiosity than worry. "Never better doctor." Alex joked "What did that to you?" I asked "Tell me doctor, have you ever had an imaginary friend?" I nodded. Steve just watching from a distance. "Riddle me this, what happened to them?" Alex asked in a weird accent . "I grew up" I stated simply. "Ya see, my imaginary friend left me not because I grew up or because I got a new one, no. He left because I finished his dirty work and now he needs me to do it again.'

'You see the difference between yours and mine, yours was imaginary, and a friend. Mine, oh, he is very much real and very much my enemy" Alex said "Could you describe him to me." I said In as friendly of a tone that I could muster up. "Tall, skinny, longer hair, wears green and gold. And he always tells me 'you are made for a glorious purpose, let me lift the burden off you' he also has a weird accent" she finished. 'Uh oh' I thought "Loki" Steve hissed from behind me "You want to know why I wanted you to break me, Steve. It's so that he never could." We walked out of the cell.

Alexandra's P.O.V.

'Let me take you to the edge of your mind' the voice boomed in my head. "Just tell me what you want?" I murmured so that the mics on the security cameras couldn't hear. 'Ah the avengers always making dangerously foolish choices. They keep bringing the monsters. But no worries you won't have to make this one angry like I did, no. You just have to say ten simple words.' The voice told me "His name?" I asked 'to some Bucky Barnes, to most, The Winter Soldier' "the words?" I asked simply. I learned along time ago not to ask to many questions. 'Ah Ah Ah child. Eager are we?' The voice asked. I didn't respond 'I will tell you after' " after what?" I asked getting genuinely curious 'Why, after you meet him of course' I could feel his presence in my head fade away 'kinda like my sanity, funny how that works.' I thought.

A/N: No worries Bucky is coming very soon. Also the quote "Let me take you to the edge of your mind" belongs to Ice_Gem45