50s Diner

Alexandra's P.O.V.

He was holding back. I knew he was, he doesn't think I know about the nightmares he has. Little does he know that when I watched his dreams. They filled the empty spaces in my life, I don't know what is my life and what is his anymore. Do I tell him that I know he is lying? Or do I just keep my mouth shut? "I'm getting really hungry. Want to get a bite to eat?" I asked Bucky easing the tension, ever so slightly. "Yeah! I'm starving! Let's go." He replied quickly "Should we invite the others?" I asked really hoping for a specific response. "Uh..." he had me on the edge of my seat, figuratively speaking anyway. "Nah. I'm sure we do without a babysitter for one evening." Ah yes! "Right answer!" I exclaimed. His face relaxed and he chuckled, looking down in the process. 'Aw he is adorable! Wait...what' I thought.

"Are you coming?" Bucky asked from the door frame. How did he get over there? "Uh yeah! Let's go." I said. "Wait... where are we going?" I asked after a short silence. "This diner that Steve told me about. It's called 'Cynthia's Diner.' He said they all dress and act like it's the 50s, it's the closest thing to a breath of fresh air that I could think of."

Bucky's P.O.V.

I watched her marvel at the city, the light, the energy, even the obnoxious honking of the car horns. Yup, some things never change. She really was a beautiful girl. Every little thing she saw made her stare in awe. She looked up at me. "Sorry if I'm being annoying or childish... it's just... it's the first time I've really seen the world. I've always been locked up." She explained with disappointment or even remorse in her voice. "It's ok. I understand, partially." I said, meaning exactly what I said. It put I wide grin across her face if there was something I could do to capture this moment and replay it over and over again I would. Seeing the smile on this beautiful brunette with such engaging dark brown eyes, it was the best thing I've ever seen.

Before I knew it we were at the diner. I greeted the bubbly waitress with a smile. "How many?" She asked in a preppy voice. "Just two... thank you..." I took a moment to look at her name tag, I think everyone deserves to be called by there real name. "...Emma" I read. "That's a beautiful name!" Alexandra spoke up. "Why thank you! Your waiter will be with you shortly!"

Alexandra's P.O.V.

I sat on one side of the baby blue booth, while Bucky took a seat on the other side. Neither one of us said anything. I caught myself staring at him. I never got the chance to fully realize just how colorful things can be. His hair was the perfect shade of brown, his eyes were the most enticing shade of blue-ish gray you could ever know. The light shade of pink his lips are. How good he looked in dark blue. "It's beautiful!"

"What was that?" Bucky asked. Crap... "Did I say that out loud?" He did the cute chuckle look down thing again. Damn... he is really good looking. "Yeah...yeah you did. Just what were you talking about?" Oh dear... I sighed in my head. "Do you want honesty?" I asked, hoping for a no. "Yes." Ugh! "You. I was... uh... talking about you." I said sheepishly. I put my head in my palms, 'this is so embarrassing' I thought. "Stop, you're making me blush!" Bucky teased "It's ok." Bucky said. My head shot up. "I was thinking the same thing." He said with a cute lopsided smile. 'That sounded really self-centered' I thought. "But... ya know... about you." Ok, bett-"Wait What?!" I exclaimed. 'What a dork' I thought.

That's when our waitress decided to come take our order. "Hi! How can I help you two today?" She asked in an extremely enthusiastic tone. "I just want the Classic All American Burger and a Coke, please?" I asked. "Well of course! And for the gentleman?" She Asked, turning towards Bucky. "I'll have the same thing. Thanks." We handed her our menus and started to carry on. "Did we just order Steve as a burger?" I wondered out loud. "I... oh my- we did!"

"I wonder if the people at the mental hospital are looking for me?" I thought out loud. "Probably," Bucky replied. "But they probably wouldn't recognize you because you are doing so well," Bucky said with a smile. "Thanks, Bucky."

Steve's P.O.V.

"Where could they have gone?!" I yelled to no one in particular. Bucky and Alex just disappeared on us. Without a word, or even a note. "I've got FRIDAY searching through the traffic cam footage," Tony announced. I was getting extremely worried, some doctors just came by and tore this place apart looking for Alex. Tony tried to keep them away, but they had a warrant to check the place. That means they are in the city looking. And she has no clue. I hope she is alright.

Alexandra's P.O.V.

"Stop! You're gonna make me pee!" I commanded. I was cackling at the joke Bucky just made in our way home. I leaned against the wall to steady myself. Bucky walked a few feet in front of me. Then I felt someone grab my waist.

Bucky's P.O.V.

I heard a slight yelp come from Alexandra. I turned around and couldn't see her. I walked back and saw a tall man, who was obviously intoxicated in some way, that had her pinned against the brick wall, in the ally by her neck. "Hey!" I yelled "Get off of her! Now." I commanded. She looked at me with fear evident in her eyes. I gave her a slight nod of reassurance. She nodded as a response. I grabbed his shoulder and squeezed. Hard. As a result, he lets go of Alexandra's throat, and she started to gasp for breath. "That's no way to treat a lady," I said firmly. I threw him lightly across the ally, well lightly for me. He scrambled to his feet and kicked him right in the ass.

====Flashback====

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size!" I yelled. And kicked the guy who was beating Steve right in the ass. "So you're from Paramus now?" Steve wiped the blood from his lip. "You got your orders?" Steve asked, ignoring me completely. "Sargent James Barnes. 107th. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow."

Steve's P.O.V.

I heard the door open, I looked to see Bucky holding a crying Alex, so she doesn't completely collapse. Bucky gave me a head shake as if to say 'Not now' I nodded and let them by. 'What happened?' I thought to myself.

A/N: I hope you like long chapters! This is my longest chapter yet! I hope you are enjoying my book. Please Comment, I love feedback.