I'm Okay

Alexandra's P.O.V.

I can't move. I can't talk. All I can do is think about the events of the few hours prior. Everyone else was asleep, I could feel, ear, and watch them all. Wanda was dreaming about her brother. Tony was dreaming about some kid I've never seen. His name was Peter or something like that. Thor was dreaming about his brother. Clint was dreaming about his wife and kids. Sam was dreaming about dancing light bulbs. 'What?' I thought. Sam can dream of some weird stuff.

And then there was James having his usual nightmare, it's just him killing innocent men, women, and children. It's awful. Yet I can only really focus on James' dream. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I've finally decided. Tonight is the night I'm going to take James' nightmares away.

I get up slowly walk as quietly as I can to James' room, of course now is the time where the floor is the loudest. I make my way down the hall to James' room. I sneak inside and watch him. His face is so worried and scared, it's so upsetting. What monster would do this to such a good person? I tuck a piece of loose hair behind his ear. He immediately acted, he jumped out of bed and had me on the floor pinned by the neck. "James" I pleaded. Something in his face changed and he realized what he was doing. "I-I'm so sorry." He apologized looking at his hands in horror. "It's ok James. I'm fine." I said while getting up like it was nothing. "No. No. I knew this would happen. I can't do this." He muttered quietly. "James you can't talk like that, you are the strongest person I know," I told him confidently. I grabbed his hand, but he wouldn't look me in the eye. "Look at me," James' eyes remained to the floor. "James, look at me," I said more sternly. He brought his eyes up hesitantly. "It's ok. Really I'm ok." I reasoned "But I could've-" I cut him off before he could finish. "You didn't. I'm really ok."

"Why are you here?" James asked blatantly. "Uh.....I live here." I stated bluntly. "No, I mean.... in my room." 'Uh oh' "Oh umm..." I tried to think of some excuse but I was blanking. "Alexandra?" James insisted. "I was going to take away your night terrors," I said looking at the floor. "No. No, I can't let you do that. Whether you like it or not," he chuckled "I have changed your life forever. Somehow with my terrible night terrors, they made you see color. If you take those dreams away, you won't be able to see color anymore. So I can't let you do that." James was right, but I was willing to do it for the person I had many firsts with. First deep conversation, first crush, first date, first... kiss. I was willing to do that for him. "James I don't care about color, I care about you."

James' P.O.V.

Why was she willing to give up so much just so I won't have night terrors. "If you were to take them away, your still not going to so don't get any ideas," I said with slight tease in my voice. "What would happen to them?" I getting serious again. "I don't know," Alexandra said probably pondering it in her mind. 'Damn you are gorgeous' I thought. "Well, I will go back to bed." She said after an awkward silence. As she turned her back I grabbed her hand. "Would you like to sleep in my room tonight?" A soft smile crossed her face. "Sure" we crawled into the bed and fell asleep.

Loki's P.O.V.

"You have failed for the last time, Loki." The booming voice told me. "If you just give me more time I can figure it out and then complet-" I tried to ask for more time. "No more chances Loki, you have failed for the last time," Thanos stated. "You will be sent to Midgard at once... I'll do it myself." Before I could even muster a thought I was in the pathetic place of... where am I? I looked around trying to spot a noticeable landmark. Then I found it, the big ugly building in New York City, I know exactly where I am. This is right around where my prey lives. A dark chuckle escaped my mouth.

James' P.O.V.

One moment I was just sleeping like normal, the next I heard the sheets moving a lot, those loud footsteps, then the bathroom door slammed shut. I looked around then remembered to events of last night. I got up and knocked on the bathroom door. "Alexandra, are you okay?" I asked gently. "Yeah, I jus-" she got cut off by her own vomiting, I gently open the door. I immediately saw her thrown over the toilet puking. I quickly moved over to her, I held her long raven hair with one hand and rubbed her back with the other. "It's okay, you're okay. I'm here." I cooed as she emptied the remaining contents in her stomach.

Alexandra went from her knees to sitting back with her head in her hands. "Are you okay?" I asked softly. "I mean, other than the fact that I just puked my guts out, yeah." She croaked with sarcasm evident in her voice. "What's do you think is wrong?" I asked gently. "I don't know, we can ask Bruce later, right now I need to brush my teeth." I helped her up still rubbing her back, even as she brushed her teeth.

"I'm sorry," I stated quietly. "For what?" Alexandra asked. "For last night, I really don't know what came over me an-" I was cut off. "James quit it! It's not your fault and I'm okay!" She yelled. "I know bu-" "No buts... if you bring it up again I'll punch you in the gut." Alexandra threatened.

"Oh, you think you could hurt me, Carter?" I teased. "I know I can." She smirked. I lunged towards her and started tickling her, she started laughing hysterically. "Ok- okay! I... I'm gonna... pee. I yield, Barnes!" I stopped tickling. "I win," I stated, a smirk edging across my face.

A/N: 1k reads?!!!!?? Thank you guys so much!!!! This is incredible, i don't even know what to say! Thank youuuuuu!!!!!

-JinxedSanity