Chapter 4: Crazier

A/N

I was very naughty this week and was working on this instead of studying..... :P

But as promised, here's the next chapter :) hope you enjoy and hopefully *fingers crossed* I can get you guys another chapter next week :)

Jai’s POV

How had she done it? I’d only known her for what, four hours, and I already felt like I’d known her forever. And that kiss. Man, was she an incredible kisser. I liked everything about her: her gorgeous brown eyes, stunning auburn hair, her amazing kisses. How could a girl like this not be batting the guys away with a stick?

“See you soon, hey?” Luke yelled down the stairs to Tamara as we headed out the door.

 “Yeah. It’s been cool as hanging out with you,” Beau chipped in from the lounge room.

“Definitely. If you guys’ll have me,” she says. We head out and I lead the way to her house. Hopefully, this will be a route she will be able to do blindfolded soon. It’s about a five minute walk to her street, so I guess the awkward conversation was bound to come up about the kiss.

“Soooo. Sorry the guys dropped that on you just now,” I say, looking at the ground as I walk.

“I have to admit, I’ve never been that close with any of my friends before. With anyone before, in fact. Well not consciously anyway” she says.

“I’m your friend?” I say, genuinely amazed that she would call me her friend after such a short time.

“Wow. I basically just told you that you are the first guy I’ve ever properly kissed and all you heard was friend. You don’t have to be that considerate; I’m a big girl you know” she says to me with a laugh.

Damnit, face palm moment. What was wrong with me? A girl had never made me this nervous before, that’s what.

“Sorry. I just never expected that from you. I’d just assumed someone like you would have guys chasing you everywhere…..not saying you’re a slut or anything,” I stutter, “I’m just gonna shut up now, before I dig a deeper hole.”

“It’s fine. I understand what you’re trying to say. But no. And why would they, huh? I mean look as me. Nope, definitely better for me in the friend zone. For everyone. For life,” she explained.

“Really? Surely you have to let someone in eventually?” I asked, secretly praying.

“Maybe one day. There’s just so much drama going on at home right now, it’s just best if I concentrate on school this year, you know? I’ve let my grades slip the last year or so after everything and I really have to get back into it. I really have to get into university next year, cos let’s face it – I have no backup plan if I don’t make the cut,” she said. It was like a kick in the guts. I could see how serious she was about this whole university dream, but it hurt me deep down that she was so focused on it and not on finding love.

Tamara’s POV

I had to shut it down and by saying it in words, it made it easier for me to start getting over this more-or-less stranger. What would he think of me if he actually found out that in the few short hours that I had spent with him, I was beginning to believe that we had some fallacy connection where I would tell him my whole life story and he would support me like some sort of boyfriend?

 I’m not saying that I hadn’t had crushes before – I had had plenty. But I was worried that actually being more than friends with this guy was going to make it worse for myself. I really wanted to make this friendship work; these were the only people I knew in the whole town other than Karen. Once it had been said, it seemed final for me which meant that I could move on. There had to be plenty of other guys here to perve on so that I could get that gorgeous smile out of my mind….