Chapter 11: Strong

Jai’s POV

Kissing. It was such a weird action if you really thought about it. I mean two peoples lips pressing and sucking against each other, not really romantic by any means. Then why did we as humans take such pleasure from it then? It’s not like you would see a sloth say ‘Hey there, you’re beautiful. Do you mind if I just compliment that by sticking my tongue in your mouth and moving my lips across yours.’ Yeah, that sounds so charming. Then why was I sitting here, fantasising about this exact action? One word: Tamara.

“Are you expecting a call from the newsagents for that lottery ticket you didn’t put in last night?” Luke retorted, bringing me out of my daze.

“Shut-up smartarse. No I’m not,” I reply.

“You’re waiting on a call from Tamara, aren’t you?” he teased, dragging out her name.

“F@$k off. It’s none of your business,” I snapped back, flipping him off.

“Whatever. She’s not going to call while you’re sitting there looking at the phone. If you’re really that desperately in love that you need to talk right now, just go over and see her. Just remind me to thank her for getting your ugly ass out of the house,” he answered back.

“Piss off Luke, I’m not desperately in love with her, and I’ll gladly leave. The less time I have to spend with you the better,” I reply.

As I grab my wallet from my room and head back downstairs, I hear Luke mumble,

“Notice how you didn’t deny being in love.”

It shouldn’t have bothered me but I couldn’t help but think about what he said the whole way to Tamara’s. He was right, I hadn’t denied the words he had chosen to use. It was creepy though, thinking that when I’d only known her a week. No, it can’t happen that soon, I need to get rid of these feelings and stick with just friends. I hadn’t seen her since that infamous kiss 4 days, 5 hours and 37 minutes ago.

Yep, definitely creepy that I know that.

I figured that just showing up could end in one of two ways. She could slam the door in my face and refuse to see me, ever again. But I was hoping that turning up unannounced would shock her into not doing that, seen as she had been deliberately avoiding me for the last few days. Without the Janoskians as well as not spending time with her has proved to be some of the most boring days in my entire life. There is only so much daytime TV and midday movies that a person can endure. One thing that I have been able to do in the free time I have in abundance is plan Tamara’s 18th. I know she said she didn’t want a big deal, but I know she was just trying to be polite. I mean what 18 year old doesn’t want their 18th bash to be the biggest night of their lives. And it’s my job as her best friend to make this a night she will never forget. My heart starts beating hard against my chest as I make my way to her door. I didn’t even know that one single person could do this to me. I knocked on the door, as the sweet tunes of Nirvana drift down to my ears, presumably from Tamara’s room and I think my heart just skipped a beat. Not only is she the most gorgeous girl on the planet, she listens to Nirvana; marry me already.

The music keeps playing, so I don’t think she’s heard my knocking attempts, so I decide to head straight upstairs. I follow the sound of the music to a partially closed door, just enough to see her belting out the lyrics like no-one’s listening….until now. I can’t help but think this is a bit of a turn on, so I don’t let her know I’m there. I actually grab out my phone and film a bit of it; this would be the perfect ammunition. Yeah, I was totally into her but you can never have too much ammunition. After I posted the keek of her singing, like the evil best friend that I was, I announced my entrance after the song come to a close.