Chapter 16: Beautiful

Tamara’s POV

While Jai was locking the door, I took a quick moment to check my reflection in the mirror. Jai comes up behind me and snakes his arms around my waist from behind.

“Trust me, you look beautiful. Just like you always do,” he breathes against my neck, following it with a kiss.

I lean into him and the kisses move up my neck and they send shivers down my spine, just like every kiss that we share. I can’t take it anymore and I turn around in his grasp and plant my lips onto his, before he can protest. He moves his hands lower and picks me up, pulling me closer to him in the process. Even though nearly every part of me is touching him, I still pull him even closer yearning for the fireworks that fly when our skin meets. He spins me around so that my back is pressed against the wall, while never breaking the kiss.  I gladly allow entrance and let the flavours of soda and a hint of mint hit my tongue as it connects with his. He startles me as he breathlessly asks me a question,

“What does your tattoo say? It’s Italian right?”

I look back up into those chocolate brown eyes and see absolute perfection. I’d always questioned why it had taken so long to find someone to share my first real intimate moments with but now I knew that right now, with Jai, was the right time.

“Yes it is. It says ‘To live in the hearts we leave behind, is not to die’. It’s just a silly-.”

“It’s beautiful,” is all he says before he brings his lips to mine again.

                                                            ************************

After the pure adrenaline of it all had escaped my body, I was still in shock over the whole thing and I just laid there, looking at the ceiling and gulping in mouthfuls of air as I recovered from the intense session. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be here right now, but before I allowed morning-after-regret to start to creep in, I look over at him and I know that this was the right time. Tonight, with Jai, was beyond perfection and no matter what others might say, no one could tell me right now that it was wrong. I pull the sheets over my exposed body and allowed myself to sink in to his hold as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. In some ways, it was just like I imagined but at the same time, the raw power and emotion that I felt was beyond anything that I could have ever conjured in my mind.

Jai’s POV

I wake up to her beautiful scent and a smile plays across my lips before I even open my eyes. If last night was the best moment of my life, this had to be a close second. Feelings I didn’t even know existed had empowered my within the last few hours and it was amazing. She doesn’t stir, so I stay as still as possible as to not wake her up. I take this time to savour her delicate touch, all across my body. I dare to lightly kiss the top of her head but she starts to breathe heavier so I know now that she’s awake. I let my grip loosen as she shimmies around to face me.

“Good morning gorgeous,” I say with a smile.

“Morning,” she replies in the sexiest morning voice.

I plant another kiss on her forehead, hugging her closer to me. I can feel her heartbeat against my chest, taking absolute delight in the fact that it’s beating for me. For us. She wraps her hands around my waist and we just lay there together, savouring the time we have before reality sets back in.

“We should get up and get something to eat,” I say, regretting every single word.

“No. There’ll be so much stuff to do. Can’t we just stay here all day? It’s not like the others will even miss us; they’re probably still recovering from last night.”