Chapter 15: Through The Dark

Jai’s POV

“What the f@$k Tamara?” I say.

Even sober, my head was spinning trying to work out what was happening before my eyes.

“What, it’s okay for you to have your hands all over some girl but as soon as I do it it’s bad?” she slurred.

“You’re drunk. You have no idea what you saw. I have no idea what you’re even talking about right now. Just come with me and we can get you cleaned up,” I answer, taking her hand, except she rips it back out as if she’s touched acid or something.

“No. You don’t get it. I didn’t want to drink tonight Jai. I didn’t want to because I was scared it would happen again. But then I saw that girl all over you and you didn’t even look like you were trying to stop her, so I started drinking. You did this to me,” she spat, then she turned to Luke and said, “sorry man. I just…I don’t even know how to finish that sentence, but I’m sorry.”

I go to go after her as she stomps away but a hand goes to stop me. I look up to see it’s Sami and I just know that I’m about to get some sort of verbal bitch slap for something I’m not even sure of that I’ve done.

“She just needs time to cool off. Talk later, when she’s less drunk,” is all she says to me before following Tamara into the crowd.

All I can do is stand and watch as she walks away from me. It’s then that all the guilt drowns me. I should have been with her the entire time. I shouldn’t have left her side. Then whatever she saw would have never happened and we wouldn’t be having our first fight on the night that she needed me the most. I scan back over the events of tonight, trying to rack my brain of what she could have possibly seen to think I would have cheated on her at her own party. Then it hits me and I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of her before. Mikaela.

*Flashback*

“Hey babe, I’m just gonna go grab a drink and pop in to see your mum. You want anything?” Tamara asks as the song comes to a close.

“No I’m fine. I’m just gonna go see the boys,” I answer. As she heads off, I look around the room to try and find the other guys. As I do a scan of the room I spot the one person I do not want to be encountering tonight: Mikaela.

“Fancy seeing you here hot stuff. Long time no see, huh?” Mikaela says as she drapes her arm over my shoulder and lets it slowly drift down my arm.

“Who invited you, Mikaela? One of your 25 boyfriends, or should I say f@$k buddies?” I answer coldly, brushing her hand off of me.

I make it perfectly clear with my tone that I do not want to be anywhere near her but she ignores the message.

“I came here on my own accord, thank you. It was an invite to all of year twelves,” she says.

“Whatever, I don’t even care. Just leave me alone, I’m looking for someone,” I say, trying to turn away from her to look for the guys.

Or anyone actually, so that I didn’t have to be in close contact with this stone hearted bitch.

“You’re not getting out of a dance that easy, Jaidon,” she says, trying to grasp my hand to lead me to the dance floor.

“Get off me you crazy woman. Can’t you see, I don’t want to dance with you. Hell, I don’t even want to talk to you or be near you, so stop it would you? And what have I said about being called Jaidon; I hate it. You never did listen to me did you?” I say firmly.