Chapter 10: One In A Million

Tamara’s POV

“I’m so sorry Jai. When your mum asked this morning what happened last night, I couldn’t lie. Well I could have but I’m a terrible liar and she would have known; mums are good at that stuff you know. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I should have just stayed home and none of this would have happened. It’s all my fault and if-” I stutter before Jai steps towards me and wraps his arms around me.

It was electric. His body heat transferred to me and made me all tingly. His hugs made me weak at the knees; luckily he was holding on to me otherwise I’d have fallen over. He let go and looked into my eyes with his chocolate brown orbs and said,

 “Tamara, it’s fine. Don’t ever think that it was your fault; I chose to get hammered and I need to accept the punishment. And no matter how many times you say you didn’t need it, I would have never forgiven myself if something had of happened to you last night. So I’m sorry I let you down,”

 “There’s no need to be sorry Jai. I’m a big girl, I can look after myself you know. It’s you I’m worried about; what are you gonna do for the last two weeks of holidays; the Janoskians are your life. And more importantly, how will you ever survive without FIFA for 2 whole weeks?” I giggle.

 “Oh haha, very funny. But I’ll be fine. Yeah, it’s gonna suck, but hey – at least I can still hang with you right?”

 “Right,” I say happily. I was totally looking forward to spending more time with the Brooks brothers.

 With Jai.

 “I’m not gonna lie right now. I am in love with your smile,” he says out of the blue.

 “Thanks. I guess I love your smile too,” I reply.

 But I more than guessed, I knew. His smile gave me butterflies. It was one of the most intoxicating smiles I’d ever seen. I noticed him staring at me, and blush slightly. He slowly edges towards me, closing the already small space between us. I go to say something, but I’m stopped with a kiss. His lips crash onto mine and I try to resist but it was impossible. He was just so irresistible. I kiss him back for a moment, and then start to over analyse.

What does this kiss mean?

Is this another dare?

Or does he really like me as much as I obviously like him?

How could he possibly know how I feel if I haven’t said anything?

Was I that obvious?

Was this just out of pity?  

I break the kiss off, much to mine, and apparently his, disappointment. I look into those gorgeous brown, sparkling eyes and see hurt. I dismissively brush it off and say,

“I’m sorry Jai. Thanks for letting me stay over, but I really need to get home. I haven’t seen my aunt in nearly two days.”

I grab my things and rush out of the room. On my way down the stairs I hear him say,

“Tamara. Wait-” but I keep going.

If I took another look into those eyes of his, I would melt and I needed some time away to sort my head out. To sort out my feelings. But how could I when all I could think about was the look in his eyes as he watched me leave?

A rush of emotions and questions rush through my head as I walk home. Part of me wanted him to run after me and explain what the kiss meant, to fight for me. On the other hand, I wanted to get as far from him as possible to minimise the pain of the fall that I would almost certainly feel if I started something with him. I mean to start off, he’s famous. He may not think it but I’ve seen the attention they all get on social media and on YouTube. Could you imagine the attention I would get from the media and the girls if I started dating one of them? I wasn’t sure I was strong enough to deal with all the pressure. I’d already copped some hate from fans and all I did was hang out with them.