Chapter 6 - Friday Night Flashback

Veronica sat in Archie's car silently as he drove them toward Moose's house. The car ride was silent and tense, "Archie pull over, she said as soon as she recognized that they were nearing Moose's street".

Archie pulled over gently into a safe spot in front of one of the nice houses in this area of Riverdale, he was worried that she was feeling sick.

"Are you ok, Ronnie what's wrong?, Do you need some air?" he questioned worriedly.

All she could do was nod, as she could feel herself starting to break down in tears.

Archie immediately ran to her side of the car, pulling her out into a soft hug, and placing her on the sidewalk, still holding onto her waist until he was convinced she had regained her balance.

These attentive moments, where Archie knew exactly how to respond to her emotional behaviour was what made her love him so much.

"Archie, I know something is going with you, you've been distant since lunch, and after the game you seemed to not want to see me" she said sadly.

Archie couldn't burden her with the truth at this moment, because she was also being attentive toward him, and their relationship, suddenly he was doubting all of his earlier feelings.

"Ronnie" he sighed and pulled her into to him when he noticed her shivering from the cold breeze, "I'm sorry, after the game I was pissed at myself, and I just didn't want to listen to you trying to cheer me up out of pity, I love you so much, I'm so sorry I've been a jerk all day" Archie says honestly, and Veronica leans up and kisses him.

She kisses him softly at first, but quickly deepens it when she realizes how much she missed him today. Archie stop only for air, then kisses her back harder, is if he was trying to prove a point. 

Veronica does her best to keep up but eventually Archie has fallen out of any rhythm and is just harshly biting her bottom lip, until she winces at the pain and pulls away.

She looks at him worriedly, before touching her swollen lip. As evidenced by the small amount of deep red blood on her finger, Archie's love bite was a little too deep. "I'm sorry" he says with guilt written all over his face."Does it hurt" her asks, gently brushing the strands of her that have fallen onto her face out of the way."No" she smirks, "I liked it" Veronica says with a teasing wink, "but save it for the party & the afterparty, loverboy!", Veronica laughs before getting back into the car.

This time the mood is completely different, the music playing loudly, Veronica is holding Archie's thigh, and he keep kissing her neck every time she leaned over to change the song on his playlist, apparently there weren't many songs that she doesn't fancy, Archie notes. 

Minutes later, not even a whole song has past, partially due to Veronica's indecisiveness, or in her words "Archie's lack of taste", their parked across the street from Moose's house. Once again, Archie steps out first, opening Veronica's door like a gentleman, a routine they had truly perfected after 2 years.

***************

Archie was staring at his girlfriend from across Moose's living room. She was pretty drunk, he could tell by the way she didn't control the volume of her laughter, or the way she tossed her head back in laughter, unaware that the strap of her dress had made it's way down her shoulder. She was getting slightly sloppy. A beautiful mess, Archie thought as he made his way over to her. As soon he was next to her, propping himself on the arm of the love seat that Ronnie, Cheryl, and Kevin were occupying, more like sitting all over each other. Archie quickly fixed her dress strap, pulling it up, causing Veronica to shift and pull her dress up her chest a little more, suddenly feeling her boyfriend's disapproving and overbearing gaze.