Chapter 16 - Fight for Me

Archie jerks wake suddenly when he hears Hermione's voice, looking around he remembers falling asleep with Ronnie after talking for hours.

Veronica had asked him to stay over, not knowing whether or not she'd be leaving for awhile. "Morning Archie" Hermione says offering a sweet smile, but he can see the worry and sadness in Ms. Lodge's face. Archie fear the worst, knowing that Veronica was most likely going to end up at some fancy rehabilitation center, and he'd be stuck in Riverdale, wondering about her every second. "Morning" he says, glancing at his sleeping girlfriend. "There's some breakfast in the kitchen... do you mind if I talk to her in private?" Hermione says politely. "Of course" Archie nods, as Ms. Lodge retreats, he hops out of bed putting his jeans on, and walking her to Ronnie's side.

He nudges her slowly, looking intensely at her tear stained face, and dark swollen under eyes. Veronica stir awake, groggily speaking "Archie" is if she was confused. "Hey" he says gently. She shifts over making space for him to sit next to where she's laying, and Archie instantly sits on her bed. "Thank you for staying" she says awkwardly, feeling like she had been taking advantage of his love for her lately.

"Ronnie" he starts "you're Mom wanted to talk to you in private, I'm pretty sure it's about..." he trails off. "Rehab" she finishes his sentence, "I can't say I'm surprised" Veronica says bitterly.     "It might be for the best" Archie says trying to ease the anger building up inside of her, but cluelessly he makes her even more upset.

Veronica sits up, wanting to beg him to fight for her, to tell her that he'll never give up on her, and won't let anything pull them apart, but she knows she can't. So she just looks at him sadly. "I'm just trying to help you" he offers, taking in her sorrowed expression. "I know" she says defeated. "I'll be here for you Ronnie" Archie tries to soothe her fears, "What if you change your mind while I'm gone?" she questions quickly, the fear evident in her voice. "I won't, I can't" he says, pausing to find the right words, "It's you Ronnie, you're it for me... but I need you to decide whether or not you're going to let me all the way in" he pleads. She kisses him, before peering into his eyes "you're it for me too, Archie Andrews" and with that she continues to kiss him.

Archie breaks apart there embrace when she's practically straddling him, "your Mom..." is all he can say out of breath.

"Can wait" Veronica says confidently, resuming her position in her boyfriends lap. Archie grabs her hips and bring her in closer, feeling a need to connect with her, they hadn't had sex since she had confessed to him about cheating. He had thought about her constantly, even though he was beyond betrayed and jealous, he still had an itch only Veronica could scratch. He was brought out of his thoughts when he felt Veronica tugging his shirt off of him, he lifts his arms granting her better access. Once his shirt is discarded, he begins to unbutton her silk pyjama top gently, but she carelessly rips them open instead, pressing her bare chest against his.

"I need you...now" she says already pulling down her bottoms and panties, Veronica scoots off of Archie and pulls off her shorts, kicking them off elegantly, then pulling Archie down on top of her. Archie's pulling his boxers down with one hand matching her intensity as he crawls over her. Meanwhile Veronica is kissing him, her hands running through his hair. Once his boner is freed from his underwear, she grabs him without missing a beat and guides him into her already wet opening, and instantly Archie is starting to pump into to her. They're both moaning, and leaving sloppy kisses all over each other's naked bodies. It doesn't last long, Archie can already feel that he's ready to cum, so he starts teasing her sensitive clit until her walls contract and he knows her orgasm is approaching. He pushes into her even harder, and faster, barely breathing. Archie cums just as he feels Veronica loosing control in her body, she's panting heavily from her climax, and her arms and legs are limp.

They stay frozen like that for a minute, because neither of them wanted to face reality. Archie rolls off of her, but Veronica slides into his body forcing him to spoon her, he doesn't mind. Archie smells her familiar shampoo, and kisses her neck sweetly. She remembers how lovey-dovey he gets after sex, a small smile tracing on her lips. Veronica turns her head to him, and kisses him again, "I love you". 

"I love you too" he replies this time without any hesitation."I want to stay with you forever" she admits, tracing her soft finger tips along his muscular body."Me too" Archie says smiling at her.

"Do you think we'll ever be able to get past all of this?" she asks honestly. "I hope so" he says, not giving her much of assurance, but as much as Archie would love to forget this whole nightmare ever happened, he can't. "Do you trust me?" Veronica questions, knowing that the answer won't be one of her liking, but she had to know where she stood. Archie just sighs, looking at her, then averting his eyes before saying "I want to say yes...but I don't know, I thought I knew you better than this" he admits sadly. "You do know me, better than anyone else, I promise...I know that doesn't count for much right now, but I'm trying to earn your trust back Arch" Veronica pleads desperately. "I know" Archie frowns. "Please fight for me" she begs, starting to cry, her raw emotions showing clearly on her face. "I am" he says exhausted. "Not like you used to" she accuses. "It's harder now!" Archie yells. Neither of them know what to say at this point, so they just lay in her bed, further apart then moments ago.

Veronica stares blankly at the ceiling, letting her tears flow down the sides of her face, when she turns over to Archie, she can see that he's holding back tears of his own.