Chapter 7

John Pov
          I haven't known Alex as long as I have the sisters, Laf, and Herc but it still feels like we have known him forever. The only thing that's uncommon about him from everyone else in our group is that he is straight. At least I think he is. He hasn't really talked about it too much. Or at all. And I can see the way he looks at Eliza. I know a lot about him but the others don't. Eliza wants me to tell all of them about his life before he came here but there's no way Alex would be comfortable with that. His dad left at ten, mom died when he was twelve, his cousin committed suicide and then a hurricane destroyed the very few things he had left. So yeah there's no way he'd be comfortable with me sharing that. So when everybody looked at me after Eliza's question I said "I dunno. But I do know he's not hanging out with us that much cause he's got a real big test thingy to get into the next year up." "What? Oh." Eliza said. She looked really upset. Probably because she couldn't stare at him in French anymore. The chances of Alex not getting into Junior are so slim. He's the smartest person I've met. "You should just ask him out already." I blurted out. Opps. I don't mean to do that. Where did that even come from? Was that me speaking? Well whatever. Eliza turned red. "W-What?" She stammered. "Come on Eliza it's obvious that you like him." Laf told her. It really is. Peggy jumped up and grabbed Eliza's arm. "Wait now?" Eliza asked Peggy. "Yes now." Peggy said. "Hey, I'm coming too!" I said jumping off the couch. "Yeah me too." "And me." "Yup me too." "Fine I'll go too." Next thing I knew I was marching down the hall pushing Eliza to his dorm. Then we all hid behind the stairs as Eliza knocked on his door. What is she saying? I can't hear her!

Eliza Pov
        I can't believe this is happening. They all ran and hid behind the stairs. How did it come to this? I knocked on his door. Please don't answer. Please be sleeping or working or out getting coffee or something. Anything but being here. Then the door opened. Dang it. He looked really tired. There were dark circles around his eyes and he looked like he might fall asleep while I was talking to him. "Hey. Are you okay?" I asked. "What? Oh yeah.. I guess so. You can come in if ya want." He told me. "Oh. Thanks." His dorm was really clean except for on his desk there were papers everywhere and books and his laptop. He sat down. "So what's up?" He asked. Okay I guess here goes nothing. "Well I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go get coffee with me some time. Or something." A small smile came in to his face. "Like a date?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. God he knows he's handsome. Even if he hasn't slept in a week. "Yeah. Like a date. But I'm not going anywhere with you until you sleep." I told him. "Okay, okay." He said chuckling. "Meet me at Starbucks. Saturday at 10 am." I told him. "Alright." I got up and left his dorm. Holy crap! I just asked out Alexander Hamilton and he said "Yes!" How? How did this happen? "What'd he say?" John asked. "He said yes!" I practically shouted. Peggy ran over to me and hugged me. Angelica said "Ya know if you really loved me you'd share him." "HA!" I laughed. Then I saw Laf giving John a ten dollar bill (get it? Ten dollars? Hamilton? Ten dollars? Sorry.) "Wait did you bet that he was going to say no Laf?" I asked.
     "Well kind of. I thought he was going to be like no sorry I'm gay. Or something like that. I still find it hard to believe that he's straight but whatever. He's most likely bi to say the least." Laf said. Oh. I don't know and I don't really think it matters. All that matters is that he said yes.