Chapter 18

Warning! There is a pretty bad fight and one slur. If your not cool with reading that, don't read this chapter!

Thomas Pov
After Alex and I kissed we did start dating. We still kept up the rival front but it's a lot more different when we're by ourselves. His friends know about us but mine don't. Neither does my dad. I told my mom but if I told my dad....jeez I don't even want to think about what he would do. But it's Winter Break soon so I'll probably just go to my parents house and go out as much as possible. I wonder what Alex is doing for his break.

Alexander Pov
Yeah, I have been dating Thomas. And he's really good for me too. He actually made me go to sleep a few times. Which is extremely surprising considering I cant bring myself to do it.                         
             It's almost Winter Break and I don't really know what to do with myself. We aren't going to be assigned any work. And that's one of the few things that I do. What's winter break even for? Ive never done anything for it. And I don't have anywhere to stay since they will lock up the dorms. I guess I could stay with one of my friends or Thomas or something.   
        Thomas walked in the room on the phone. "Yeah dad I know. I'm trying." Thomas said. Then he stopped and said "yes with a boy." Then I could hear yelling on the other side of the phone. "No dad! He's just my roommate! Calm down! Yes.. he's just my roommate." He then sighed and hung up. "Homophobic dad?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed the bridge of his nose. "I don't even want to stay there for winter break." He said shaking his head. "It's better then my situation. I don't have anywhere to stay." I told him. "What? You could come stay with me! Make the whole dad thing less weird. Then I'd have someone to be with that isn't....like... him." Thomas said.
           "What do you want for Christmas?" He asked sitting down next to me. What the hell is Christmas? I stared at him blankly. "Tell me you know what Christmas is." He said, suddenly getting very serious. I stammered and said "Isn't it t-that one thing? With the thing? And the other things?"
            "Now I understand why your friends make fun of you. Wait what about Hanukkah?" He asked.
"Hanu-who?" I asked.
"Okay. Welp I'm going to try and sum up Christmas for you. It's basically a 'naughty or nice' thing. If your good then you gets gifts, if your not you get coal. But no one really gets coal it's just a thing adults tell kids. But if you are an adult with no kids then you go to parties and do secret Santa." He explained.
         "What the heck is a Santa?" I asked. He sighed and said "Its basically a fat old man that comes into you house and gives you gifts." "What the fuck?" I exclaimed.
         "It's a kid thing.. But between you and me, it's just parents." Alright this makes no fucking sense but alright. "And the secret Santa is getting a name then getting that person a gift and not signing your name on it." He tells me. "Okay.." I said.
"You don't understand this whatsoever do you?" He asked. "Well...I'm trying. I think I get the concept though. I think." I tell him. "When is this Christmas thing?" I asked. "In three days. You should come over to my house and then we'll go to some parties. Didn't your friend John invite, like the whole fucking school?" He asked. "Oh yeah! He did!" I said laughing.

Thomas Pov
I'm nervous. Alex and I are standing at my parents doorstep. I hope he doesn't remember Alex. I rang the doorbell. My mom opened the door and hugged me. Thank god it was mom. She turned to Alex "And this is your boyfriend?" She asked, smiling. Alex nodded and said "Yes ma'am." He said. "Dad doesn't know that... right?" I asked. "No Honey, of course not. Come in!" She said. Al and I came in. He started to look around. "Wow! This is beau-" I heard my dads voice so I cut Alex off and dragged him to my room. I sighed and Alex fell to the floor.
"What was that for?" Alex exclaimed. My dad opened the door. "Dad." I said. Alex scrambled and got up, then fell, and then got up.
He's a very graceful creature.
     "Who's this?" My dad asked. "Erm, Alexander." I told him. Please don't remember. "Do I know you from somewhere Alexander?" Dad asked. "Erm...no..well I mean it is a possibility because there's a lot of people on Earth but no uh I don't think so." Alex said somewhat frantically.
"Are you sure?" My dad asked. Alexander leaned on a bookshelf and then fell over. Jesus, Alex pull yourself together.
"Well..Erm. Roommates! We are roommates. Yup roommates." Alex said getting up. He dusted off his pants. My dad leaned in and asked "Is there something wrong with him? In the head?" I almost burst out laughing. "Actually no. He's supposed to be a prodigy." I whispered back. My dad looked at him and shrugged. Then he left. "Alex. What the fuck was that?!"
"I got nervous!" He said, scratching the back of his neck. I sighed and held the bridge of my nose.
        "I'm sorry." He practically whispered. "It's fine." I told him. I sat down on my bed and patted next to me. He came over and sat. Then he said "Does he think I'm stupid." "What? No..." I said. "He does." Alex said in a sigh. "Well that was quite an impression." I said nudging him. He chuckled slightly then looked up and kissed me. It started to get more heated.
      Then my door swung open "Thomas I've been calling your na-" I pulled away from Alex instantly. My dad stood in the doorway. First shock on his face then pure madness. "I remember you." My father said through gritted teeth. "I told you to stay away from him Mr. Hamilton." He picked up a book from the floor and threw it at Alex. It hit him right in the face. Alex yelped and fell off my bed. "PRODIGY MY ASS! HE CANT EVEN FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!" My dad yelled grabbing Alex's collar and ripping him off the floor. I jumped up "DAD! STOP!" I shouted. My mom ran into the room. "Peter!" My mother exclaimed. He hit Alex. Al fell to the floor and stayed there. I tackled my father and yelled at him. I don't know what I was telling but I was fucking yelling.
          Then I felt gentle fingers wrap around my arm. "Thomas." Alex said weakly. For a second I stopped punching my da- no I don't even want to call him that. After I stopped punching Peter i hugged Alex. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and Peter punched me. Alex grabbed Peters head from behind and smashed it into his own.
Alex stumbled back slightly dazed. My dad jumped back up and grabbed Alex's collar and dragged him into the living room. I chased my dad. Alex was yelling and trying to break free. One of my sisters was in the living room. She started crying when My father punched Alex. I didnt know how to help. Every time I tried to get to Alex I was pushed away. After what seemed years of doing that my father stepped away, blood on his hand and went to his bed room.
    "God damn fags." My father muttered. I rushed to Alex. My sister Mary ran to get a first aid kit, my mother stood there stunned. Alex sat against the wall, unconscious. Mary ran back and started tending to his wounds. "Does he need a hospital?" I choked out.
    "No. I don't think so. But he most likely has a concussion. And won't look to pretty for the next few weeks." Mary said. "Weeks?!" I exclaimed grabbing my head. She got up and said "Bring him to the couch." I did what she said. I muttered "Jesus, Al I'm so sorry." I pushed some hair behind his ear and sighed. Feeling the Christmas spirit already.