Chapter 14

Little Note! There's some self harm in this chapter so if you don't want to read that Just skip this chapter. The whole thing is riddled with self harm.

Alexander Pov
     After I ran out of class I headed straight to my dorm. I locked it behind me and fell to the floor. I didn't cry, though I wanted to. Why would he do that? I mean sure we aren't the best of friends but I did think we were getting somewhere. I guess I was...wrong. What kind of sicko makes fun of someones dead family?
         I got up and went to the bathroom. Where's the razor? I dug through cabinets until I found what I was looking for. Then I heard some knocks at the door. I looked down at the razor with tears in my eyes. Then I walked to the door and took off my backpack. I stood on my tiptoes in looked through the peephole.
       God. Jefferson. "Alex? I'm sorry. You can't just lock me out of the dorm!" He shouted through the door. "Oh just watch me.." I muttered as I pushed the deadbolt. He must've heard it click because he shouted "Are you serious?!" "Yes." I mumbled and walked away back to the bathroom. The razor was where I left it. "ALEX! I SWEAR TO GOD!" He shouted. "aLeX i SwEaR tO gOd!" I mocked. "IM GETTING ELIZA!" He shouted.
     Crap. I ran up to the door and unlocked it. I didnt even notice the tears streaming down my face. What he said, hurt. I'm not sure why it hurt so much, but it did. "What. The. Hell. Do. You. Want." I asked. He frantically started apologizing. "Are you crying?" He asked. I sniffled and left him standing there at the doorway.
      "Alex are you okay? I'm sorry." He told me. "Thomas are you insane? You're  dead to me." I said mocking his tone. "What? Alex I-I" he started. "Just don't." I said, walking to the bathroom. I turned around and locked the door. "Alex Please! Just talk to me!" He yelled. "Uhh.. No!" I replied locking the door. "Just leave me alone!" I shouted. I grabbed up the razor. "Hello old friend.." I muttered to it.

Thomas Pov
       I paced around the dorm. He's been in the bathroom for ages. Should I go get his friends? What does he call them? The revolutionary something? I don't know.. I guess that's the best idea.
"ALEX IM GOING OUT!" I shouted to him. "Good." I heard him say. I sighed and went out. I found Lauren's dorm and knocked on it. John came out eating cereal. "Jefferson. What do you want?" He asked. "It's about Alex.." I told him. He dropped his cereal.  
              After I explained what happened he slapped me. Multiple times. "What the fuck?!?" I shouted. "What do you mean What the fuck?! You're the one making fun of his family! I mean his dead family!" He shouted. "God Laf and Herc are going to fucking beat your ass." He muttered.
              John took me to Lafayette and Hercules' dorm where they did beat my ass. I mean I held my ground but there was three of them so... I tried my best. "Jesus... Come on let's go get Alex. Take him to a bar or something.." Laf said. "Wait isn't he nineteen though?" I asked. They looked at me like I was stupid. I'm not stupid.
        "He is nineteen you connard, but he's friends with the Schuyler sisters." Laf said. "And they have their ways of getting in places." Herc finished. Wait so Alex had his first drink before I did? My lord! I got up and they dragged me back to my dorm.
                  "Alex! Mon ami! Open the door!" Laf shouted. Within seconds the door was opened. Alex stood there, his head hung and hands behind his back. John pulled him into a hug and started whispering things to him. "Yeah." Alexander muttered.
         "We going to a bar?" Herc asked. "Yeah. First let's go hang out with the sisters first." John answered, wiping Alex's face for him. "ONWARD FORTH!" Herc shouted grabbing Alex's arm. Alex groaned in pain and grabbed at his wrist. Everyone was really confused until reality hit me like a brick.
          I ran into our dorm searching for razors. Alex yelped and ran after me. "No! Stop! What are you doing!?" He shouted. "You know exactly what I'm doing!" I shouted back, pushing him away. Then I found it. A blood covered razor. I held it up. Then I turned to him. "Alexander. Why?" His friends stood in the doorway with the Schuyler sisters who must've just showed up.
           Was this because of me?