I Feel Like Dancin'

Chapter 6

I Feel Like Dancin'

Two days later

Marie and I were finally leaving for Baltimore, and I wasn't quite feeling up to it. It was the first time I left my house to do something since Jeremy died. I mean I went out to get groceries and stuff but that was it. I couldn't even smile about the fact I was going to All Time Low's concert in the town they came from. Even maybe going to Jack's birthday party. It was a dream come true for me. At least it was. Did I even have a dream anymore?

"So what's your plan, Marie?" I ask her when we got on the plane.

"I don't know," she started. "All I know is we're going to Baltimore and I have two tickets to an All Time Low concert."

"You mean we don't even have plans for where we're staying when we get there?!"

"Well I thought you desperately needed something, and the only thing you did lately was listen to All Time Low. I tried texting you, but you never answered me. So I just took initiative."

"What are we going to do for food?! Shelter? Water?"

"Calm down, you sound like you're homeless. When we get there, it'll be around 2 am eastern time. So we'll check into a hotel for the night, go to the concert, then that night is Jack's birthday. So we'll go to his party and figure it out then."

"I guess that sounds somewhat helpful." We stopped talking and I looked out the plane window. I don't think Jeremy would approve of this. I should've just died when he did. It would've been much easier. I looked at Marie. Maybe she would've been a lot better without having me to worry about.

I sighed. I guess All Time Low is really my only hope.

-The Next Day-

Marie and I passed out as soon as we got to a random hotel we found. We woke up the next morning jet lagged and dirty.

"I'll take the first shower," I told her.

Marie groggily replied with a throaty "okay" and I went in the bathroom. I stripped down and got in the shower. I started thinking about Jeremy again and the tears were falling with the water down my face. I struggled to stand and ached for my razor. Shit, I didn't bring them.

I came out in ripped stonewashed skinnies and a boner shirt that everyone sees Jack always wear. I was so lucky to find it online. Marie was finally up gathering her clothes.

She smiled, "Hopefully Jack will come to his senses tonight."

"Come on Marie," I scoffed. "Jack is never going to notice me. I went to their concert last year and he didn't even notice me."

"But that's because Jeremy was with you-" she stopped. I looked down at the ground. "Oh god Liz, I'm so sorry." She walked up and hugged me. "No mentioning of him, I promise. This is just a getaway just for a bit. To help you."

"Thanks for helping, Marie, this was really nice of you."

"Of course. After everything with Kyle, I want to do the best I can for you."

Kyle was Marie's old boyfriend. He wanted sex so much and she always agreed. One time she said no and he forced her anyway. I comforted her, and helped her get through it.

We got changed and went out to breakfast in downtown Baltimore. Everything was so sunny today, I was actually kind of getting hyped up for the concert, thinking of my old fangirling thoughts.

"So I was thinking," Marie said with her mouth full of syrup and pancakes. "Once we eat breakfast we should go down to where the concert's at to wait. I looked it up and the first 200 people get to actually meet All Time Low!"