Chapter 6: Halsey × Now or Never

Today I'm super tired, I've been yawning all morning and I regret sleeping late last night. I also met Jess at my locker in the morning and she looked off. She cleaned up nice like always but her eyes looked tired. Her usual vibe wasn't there and she barely said five words in class.

When I went to my locker she was standing next to it, she looked me up and down and said "You look like earth fell on you" I only sighed at her in response because she's right.

Today I didn't even bother dressing up, I just wore black Nike sweatpants, a baggy white t-shirt and flip flops. I didn't even tie up my hair I let it fall all the way down to my butt. Yeah that's how long my hair is. As for make up I only applied mascara and lip gloss, I didn't even do my eyebrows.

It's the break hour, we are sitting at a concrete table outside the school building. I am resting my head on my hands leaning on the table, I'm trying to get some sleep but that's impossible because Zach and Anne have been arguing about stupid things since we got here.

"Zayn Malik is way better than Harry Stiles" Zach argues.

"You are only saying that because he's dating that super model" Anne.

"A super model that is very hot"

"Ohh shut up idiot"

"No you shut up"

"Jesus will both shut the fuck up!" Jessica snaps and storms off. And the table goes quiet.

"What's wrong with her?" Anne asks.

I feel someone tapping me on the shoulder I open one eye to look at Zach "Do you know what's wrong with Jessica? she's been quiet all day" I shrug my shoulders because I also don't know what's wrong with her, she didn't tell me anything last night.

I take out my phone and go to the messages app, I reread Jordy and I's conversation from last night.

"Awww so now you and Jordy are texting" I narrow my eyes at Zach who's looking over my shoulder at my phone.

"So what?"

"Nothing, I just thought that maybe you would tell us since we are your friends and shit"

I sigh "Zach..." I put my phone down and sit up straight to face Zach "Okay I was going to tell you guys...it just slipped my mind"

"It's okay" Zach smiles and I turn away from back to my previous sitting position, I take my phone and start scrolling through my pictures. The Samsung whistle blows indicating a message. I quickly tap the message notification. And I smile when I see the sender's name.

Jordy Fields: Hey :) you look different today.

Me: Shut up. It's your fault that I look like this.

Jordy Fields: Lol sorry. But you don't look that bad

Me: Hello! Have you seen me? I look horrible

Jordy Fields: I know right😂

I gasp and make a scowling face, I look up where Jordy is seated and I catch her starring at me, she stuck out her tounge at me and I give her the middle finger. Her eyes grow wide and she laughs while shaking her head. I receive another message from her.