10.

"Yeah, I called it." Chelsea smirks as Eric reluctantly hands her a dollar.

I look at my cousin in disbelief "You guys bet on me?"

"On how long you and Dean Tucker would stay apart." She explains. I flip Chelsea off but let Eric off because I know this was not his idea.  Chelsea shrugs and laughs. Eric comes back to the table with wine and snacks. Chelsea turns on the t.v so we can all watch our favorite show.

I get comfortable on the couch and watch the season finale when there's a knock on the door. Eric gets up and answers the door. "Hey Claire, it's for you." He calls to me after a few seconds

I get up, who came to Chelsea's house looking for me...

Amir stands in the doorway looking pissed as hell. He grabs me and pulls me outside with him, shutting the front door behind me. "What's wrong?" I ask, wondering what the urgency was.

"Why did that motherfucker, Dean, call me saying that I can't talk to you anymore?" I look at Amir, confused as all hell.

"What do you mean he called you? How did he even get your number?"

"That's what I want to know. And why is he calling me anyway, you fucking him again?" I quietly groan. "Would you keep your voice down. I'm sure the neighbors can hear you."

Amir crosses his arms. "I don't give a flying shit. I thought you were done with him. Now you're fucking with him again. He's just going to end up breaking your heart aga- "

"What happens between Dean and I is none of your business, Amir..."

"But you made it my business when you and I fucked the night he kicked you out!" Amir takes a step closer glaring at me. If looks could kill...

I stay in my place and cross my arms. "One, I am not going to argue with you in public. Two, you better watch who the fuck you're talking to before I hurt your feelings." I open the front door back open and two thuds on the floor follow. Chelsea and Eric lay on the floor in front of the door. "You guys were listening to us?"

"No." Eric says quickly.

"Yes." Chelsea says, being honest.

I roll my eyes at them and before I fully walk back into the house, Amir grabs my arm. "We'll talk about this at home." I snatch my arm from his grasp and with that, he leaves.

"Well someone has their tits in a knot." Chelsea says as Eric helps her up from the floor.

...............................................................................

"I don't give two flying shits about what you think, Amir!" I say for the hundredth time to a fuming Amir. I just walked in the apartment and he didn't even let me breathe before he started it up again.

"I don't care but you're going to listen to me though!" He yells back at me. I roll my eyes as I go into the kitchen and he of course follows. "Do you think your family is going to be okay with you dating their number one rival?! How do you think they're going to react when they find out?" I huff under my breath and get a glass pouring some wine for myself. I need a drink.

"Answer me!" Amir snatches the drink out of my hand before I can take a sip spilling some on the counter and almost on my shirt. That's it.

"Amir listen...Dean and I are a couple. What he said to you was uncalled for and I will talk to him about that..." I start off calm but start to raise my voice as I carry on. "Now...you acting like you have some type of authority over me and yelling at me like I'm some child is over. I'm a grown ass woman and will be treated as such. Im not your girlfriend and I for damn sure am not your daughter so come at me correct. Lastly, this is my house. I pay the bills so you can leave to the girl who kicks your sorry ass out because you always have your head up your ass!"

Amir tries to hide his shocked expression and gulps. "And give me my shit back!" I snatch my nearly empty glass of wine back and fill it back up.

I take a sip and try to calm my nerves. "How do you think your mother would react if I told her about this?" Amir smirks crossing his arms thinking he got me. I take another sip and put my glass down.

"I don't know...how do you think she'll react to me sticking my foot up your ass if you try to tell her?" Amir opens his mouth to speak again but as he does , there's a knock at the door.

Yay more people.

I brush past Amir and open the front door. Dean stands there looking delicious with a Rose in his hand. My mood lightens up a little as I see that stupid smirk I've grown to love but then I remember I'm supposed to be mad at him.

"Hello, beautiful..." Dean starts out.

"Oh look, it's this motherfucker!" Amir comes out of the kitchen and stands behind me. Dean immediately gets defensive.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her?" Dean's voice gets more menacing and he takes a step into my apartment.

Amir moves me out of the way and gets in Dean's face. "You're not in charge of me. She's my friend I can be around her whenever the fuck I want."

"Claire is my girlfriend so I get to decide what males should be in her life." Dean scowls, getting into Amir's face, refusing to cower.

"Excuse me! I'm right here and I am perfectly able to speak for myself." I try to enter into the conversation but my words fall on deaf ears.

"I've been in Claire's life longer than you have, I've been her friend longer and I've definitely been her fuck buddy longer. I'm permanent and you're temporary. Get it through your head now."

"Amir, you're pissing me off so just leave it alone." Dean's voice has gotten dangerously low. Like how it gets before he disciplines me, but this has a lot of more rage in it.

Amir take off his jacket and throws it on the floor. "Do something about it then." Dean pushes the rose he bought into my hand and squares up. My heart drops into my stomach. This is going too far, I can't let my boyfriend and best friend fight over me. "Guys, Stop. It doesn't have to go this far!"

Again I get ignored because Amir throws the first punch. Dean moves to the side and the punch misses him by an inch. I keep screaming for them to stop as Dean's punch catches Amir in the ribs,making him stumble back a few feet. Amir groans and goes in for a tackle. That's when I step in between them, hoping it'll motivate them to stop.

Dean stops going for Amir but Amir comes charging at us. "Amir! Stop it, please!" I cry. Amir's fist comes down fast as he gets closer. His hit misses Dean and instead gets me square in the eye. I fall and burst into tears from the hit.

"Shit! Claire! I'm so sorry!" Amir tries to help me off the floor but Dean yanks him by the back of his shirt and throws him outside of my apartment into the hallway. The door slams shut, closing Amir out. I can hear him in the hallway, apologizing and begging to be let back in.

"Your eye is swelling shut..." Dean tries to help me up but I swat his hand away and get up by myself.

"You should've just stopped when I told you to." I sob, walking to the kitchen to get something cold for my eye. I can barely see where I'm going because one of my eyes is swollen shut and the other one has non stop tears coming out of it.

"Claire, baby, I'm so sorry..." Dean's voice is laced with regret, as it should be.

"Get out." I say curtly as I get a bag of frozen peas from my freezer.

"Claire?"

"I said get out!" I hurl the bag of peas at what looks like it could be Dean's head. It turned out to be the clock on the wall instead of his head. But Dean gets the message and leaves me alone to sulk.