13.

Dean would kill me if he knew I was here.

He would kill me dead.

"Claire? What are you ordering?" Amir asks.

"The lobster," I say, purposely choosing the most expensive item on menu since he's paying. Amir gives me a look because he already knows what I'm up to.

"Are you serious?"

"My eye just fully healed yesterday." I point out. Amir's jaw clenches.

"How long are you going to use this against me?"

"As long as possible." I sip my wine. Amir rolls his eyes and just takes the treatment I'm giving him. We stay quiet until the waiter comes and takes our order. I order the lobster, getting a stare down from Amir while I do.

"Is that Dean?" Amir asks. I immediately duck down. He made it very clear after the fight that he did not want me associating with Amir any longer. Dean is going to drag me out of here if he sees me. And I'm not leaving until I've gotten my lobster.

I look behind me quickly and catch a glimpse of what I assume is one of Dean's clients. Luckily he doesn't catch me looking. "I think we should ask the waiter to move tables?" I suggest. Amir looks at me sideways.

"Why are you acting weird?" I didn't tell Amir that Dean forbade me from seeing him.

"No reason." I reply. I'm not about to come off as a weak bitch who lets her boyfriend boss her around. Amir mumbles an "Ohhhkay?" under his breath and continues looking at the menu. I prop my menu up in front of me and glance over at Dean every few seconds.

Amir reaches over and puts my menu on the table. "What is going on? I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything."

" You were my best friend."

"Don't play me like that." Amir's voice gets deep and stern. I roll my eyes because he wants to get all big and bad on me. I don't respond and we sit in awkward silence until the waiter comes and takes our order. Finally after the waiter leaves Amir finally speaks. "He probably doesn't want me around you."

"No he doesn't."

"But you're still here?" Amir leans forward with a smug grin on his face.

"Because you offered to pay. Don't get it twisted." and just like that the smirk got wiped off of Amir's face. This time the silence lasts until our food arrives. We make small talk while eating but besides that there isn't much talking between us.

I glance up from my meal and look around the restaurant. My eyes land on Dean's. His eyes dart between me and Amir. I avert my eyes and eat my lobster quickly. I finish swallowing my lobster and grab my purse. I was going to finesse Amir into buying me dessert but maybe I'll save that for another time. "Thanks for dinner but I gotta bounce." I grab up my purse and roll out, not even waiting to call my Uber.

I speed walk out of the restaurant with Dean's eyes following me the whole way. I step outside and pull out my phone to call my Uber. "Fancy seeing you here, Claire." Dammit, he followed me out.

"Hi baby! I didn't expect to see you here..." my voice gets about ten times higher.

"Why were you with Amir?"

"See about that...uh... see what had happened was."

"What has happened was that you disobeyed me."

"I don't have to listen to you Dean. I'm grown." Dean rolls his eyes and grabs me by my elbow and walks me to his car. He opens the passenger door. "Get in and stay here until I get back."

I open my mouth to give him a piece of my mind, Dean gives me an angry stare " I'm not in the mood to argue with you right now." He closes the door and goes back into the restaurant. I sit sulking in the car, waiting for him to come back. I'm fully aware that I can leave any time I want but for some reason I'm choosing not to.

Dean gets in the drivers seat ten minutes later. We both stay quiet as he starts the car and heads in the direction of our apartment building. I decide to finally break the tension after a few minutes. "So..."

"What makes you think that you can deliberately disobey me?"

"Because you're not my dad, I don't have to listen to you." This is about to be the beginning of a fight. I ain't even worried about it cause Dean don't want no smoke.

"Don't even try that with me. I've made it clear since day one that I'm the one who's in charge."

I can't even say nothing back to him because he did clearly put it out there multiple times that he was in charge. "You're on punishment." Dean says flatly as we get to the apartment complex.

"That isn't fair! You can't do that."

"End of discussion, Claire."

"I'm not some child you can just put on punishment whenever I don't satisfy your commands. Amir is my friend-"

He cuts me off "A friend who was the reason why you couldn't see out of one eye for a fucking week!"

He gets out of the car and comes over to my side and opens my door with an unnecessary amount of force. Dean stares down at me while I sit in the passengers seat, arms crossed with tears falling down my cheeks. "What the hell is the matter with you now?!" Dean visibly softened up when I started crying but still kept his harsh tone.

"Y-you yelled at me!" I sniffle, hating that I'm being this weak in front of him but I can't help it. Dean looks exasperated and rolls his eyes slightly.

"Stop crying,baby girl." Dean reaches down to help me out of the car but I swat his hand away. I slam the car door shut and start walking away. "Stop being extra and get back here." Dean sighs.

"No fuck you. I'm going to my apartment."

"Claire. I told you to get back here.Now."

I hold up my middle finger to him as I continue to sashay away.

I get snatched up immediately. I fight to get get out of Dean's arms all the way up to his penthouse. Dean won't let me go until we're in his apartment. "No!" I wiggle around, trying to break free as he drags me over to the couch and puts me over his knee.

"You knew better." Dean growls as he lifts up my skirt.