Chapter 12- I'm In Love

"I'm not supposed to. I don't want to lose anyone, b-but I... I think I fell in love with someone," Hermione whispered.

Draco felt pity for Hermione. He didn't care if she wasn't I'm love with him like he knew deep down he was with her. All he wanted was for her to be happy, even if it wasn't with him. He felt horrible to see her curled up looking so lost as though she didn't know what to do.

She had done he best to block people out and now the strongest feeling ever was crashing down on her, and Draco wished he could just take her pain away and hide it in the deepest parts on the Black Lake so she never had to hurt again.

"You did?" He asked softly.

Hermione nodded, "I'm not supposed to. I don't want to get him close just to lose him again. I doubt he even likes me. He's been kind but I think he only sees me as a friend, and it hurts. I know it shouldn't but it does."

"Granger," Draco said softly, "I don't know who this guy is, but he'd be the luckiest guy in this world to even have a chance with you. I've only really known you for a few weeks, but I've seen the real you and any guy would be lucky to have you."

Hermione shook her head softly, "No. I'm just a broken pawn waiting to be finished. No one would be lucky to have me. All I do is read and study and read and study. The only person I've gotten close to is you, and so you should know. No one deserves me. He deserves better."

"Don't talk like that," Draco whispered before raising his voice, "You're amazing. Don't forget that. When that war ended you didn't fall into a black hole to never come out like most people did. You stayed at the surface and put others before yourself. You're strong, kind, compassionate and I've never met a person better than you. Not once did you think that your needs were more than others. You helped them, healed them. If anything, this guy does deserve you. He couldnt have anyone better. You deserve someone who can just hold you and make you feel special. So don't sit here and tell me that you're none of those things I just said because believe me you're wrong if you think I'm lying. Hermione, you are the most beautiful being on this planet, inside and out. Don't forget that and don't ever think its false."

Hermione looked up at him, her eyes filled with tears and and emotion Draco couldn't place.

"I-I should tell him, shouldn't I?" Hermione asked softly.

Draco felt a small pang of jealousy as he thought this guy was Blaise or someone, but nodded knowing that her happiness was worth the pain it brought him.

"You should," he smiled softly, "Go find him. Tell him how you feel."

Hermione nodded slowly, "Well that easy."

"You know where he is?" Draco asked and she nodded, "How? We haven't left this room."

"Exactly," Hermione smiled up at him her eyes shining with bravey, "Draco... I love you."

Draco felt his heart stop and leave his chest to go find one that could keep up with how fast he needed it to beat.

"M-Me?" He asked.

Hermione nodded slowly.

Draco couldn't stop the grin from spreading on his face as he looked down at her, "Thank Godric," he sighed, "I thought you were talking about Blaise and about died."

"Why would you have died?" Hermione asked her face turning into a confused matter that made Draco smile even wider.

"Beacause, Hermione, I love you too," He smiled.

Draco's new heart that his old one had found about burst and he was sure he needed another when Hermione leaned up and kissed him.

He kissed her back with such love that neither ever wanted to let go of each other. Unfortunately though, air is a very important element of life so they had to pull back to breathe.

"I think its safe to tell you everything now," Draco said making a huge decision, "But first, Hermione, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," Hermione smiled up curling her legs up and leaning onto him, "So what's safe to tell me?"

"You know how you asked why I always left at eight all those times?"

"Yeah. Some Slytherin thing, right?"

"Yeah, that's what I said. I lied. I wasn't supposed to tell you the truth, but you deserve it. And I think its safe to tell you. Those nights were actually meetings between Saint Potter, Weasel, Weaslette, Longbottom, Loony, Blaise, Pansy, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape and then eventually Theo, Finnigan, and Thomas. We always met and talked about you and how to help you. That's why I was so persistent on getting information out of you and stuff. We were trying to help you get past everything. I know you're probably going to hate me and everything for what I did but I wanted to help. At first I was reluctant but I did it anyways. There was always a part of me screaming to help you and that day when George was brining me to the bathroom so you could dye my hair, he told me I loved you and them everything clicked. Why I wanted to help so much, why I felt guilty in how I got you to trust me, how worried I got for you. It just clicked that I loved you. I lobe you."

Hermione stayed silent for a moment, "How long have you loved me? Not how long you be realized but, when do you think you fell in love with me?"

"I honestly think third hear when you punched me. That's when the small voice screaming to help you and not hurt you started. I think it was because you were the first person to put me in my place. Called me what I was and stood up for yourself. No one had done that and I really admired you for it." Draco answered honestly, expecting another punch for lying to her.

"I loved you in sixth year," Hermione admitted looking down at her hands, "When you had to kill Dumbledore but couldn't. I was watching. I thought at first it was just pity but it wasn't. You were just this small kid forced to make such adult decisions and you went with it as best you could. You his your problems and were so independent, and I think when you didn't kill him, that's when I loved you."

"I was too weak to kill him," Draco said softly.

"No you weren't. You were to strong to let yourself take an innocent life. You couldn't let yourself stoop so low to do that. You were strong in that moment. When you disarmed Snape you saved his life. Its all thanks to you. You were to strong to let yourself or others take a life," Hermione said as she drew patterns on his chest.

"Hermione," Draco said after a moment of silence, "How about you come to the meeting with me tomorrow. You can see your friends."

"I-I... Yes," Hermione said, "Yes. That would be nice. I'm not losing anyone. I won't let it happen."

"That the attitude," Draco smiled.

Hermione yanwed as she nodded.

"Let's go to bed," Draco said as he picked Hermione up bridal style, haply when she didn't object.

He carried her up the stairs and gently lied her on the bed. He kicked off his shoes and imbed in next to her, not wanting to feel what it was like without her by his side.

"Goodnight Malfoy," Hermione whispered as she felt Draco slide in next to her and curled up close to him.

"Night, Granger," Draco smiled.

"I'll only be a Granger," Hermione mumbled as sleep overtook her, "Until you make me a Malfoy."

Draco couldn't help but smile widley "Until you're a Malfoy," he repeated.