PROLOGUE - EYES UP HERE

A/N: *WARNING*

Please note that only the first half of the story is uploaded here and the full version is uploaded on other platforms. If you're not comfortable with switching platforms to finish reading this story, please refrain from reading or leaving upsetting comments.

If you've read the first half and are interested in finishing the story, you may refer to the final chapter here labelled 'PART 2' that will guide you on where else you can find the full version of this book.

You may refer to my bio, conversations and social media to find out where I have stories uploaded and why I've taken the second half of my stories down on WattPad.

Thank you and happy reading!!

~ GoldShaken

...

- Kieran -

"Mr Knight, your client, Miss Alina Simmons is here for your 4pm," my Personal Assistant called out through my office phone and I glanced at my Rolex.

3:54pm.

I raised a brow, Lucy should know better than to let clients meet me before their appointment time.

I reached over to my phone and pressed the intercom, "Let her in in six minutes."

I sighed and leaned back in my seat, only to hear a sharp knock on my mahogany door. I stood up and eyed the door, pressing on the intercom again, "Lucy, what's going on?"

The door handle cranked open and my hand was on my gun in my holster, hidden away by my jet black blazer.

I came face to face with a gorgeous beauty.

Her feminine scent of flowers invaded the stale musky smell of my pristine office and I gripped my gun tighter, a frown plastered on my face.

I noted the way her long wavy brown hair framed her angelic features, her slim yet curvy body hiding under her white formal attire and her pink plump lips almost calling out to me.

Her jumpsuit had a deep V-line down her front, with her boobs tucked neatly in her outfit and her stilettos seemed sharp enough to kill.

She snapped her fingers, "Eyes up here buddy, I hope to get this done and over with as quickly as possible. I have an appointment with the caterer for my wedding."

My eyes snapped up to meet her silver ones and I immediately shielded my hormones. As beautiful as this client was, she was just another client. A soon-to-be wedded client.

I turned back to the door, seeing Lucy, my 63 year old Personal Assistant, watching me with worried eyes. I didn't take intrusion very lightly.

The beauty made herself at home and strode over to the plush leather seats of my sofa set and sat on my seat. She crossed her legs and dug around in her purse, fishing out her lipstick and small cosmetic mirror to touch up.

"Mr Knight, I-"

"Is this Miss Simmons?" I cut Lucy off and she nodded. I rarely saw her this frightened, no one has ever stepped into my office like this without permission before.

Those who did were normally part of gangs or the mafia.

I waved my Assistant off and she turned to leave, letting the door click shut behind her.

I breathed in deeply and let my gun go, straightening my blazer, "Miss Simmons, to what do I owe the pleasure of you barging into my office?"

She clearly didn't pick up on my sarcasm, "Alina is fine, I'll be 'Mrs Anderson' soon anyway. I'm helping my fiance claim his insurance for his damaged vehicle. I'm sure he told you about it."