CHAPTER 13 - EMPTY

- Kieran -

One month since our agreement ended.

Four weeks without her.

I'm surprised I'm still breathing, the pounding ache in my chest hasn't stopped since the final firework popped.

And the haunting tick of my Rolex only reminded me of all the time that's passing without her by my side.

Being incredibly rich had it's perks. Said perks being buying everything that made her eyes sparkle with delight.

Though, what was the use of it if I didn't have the woman?

Money couldn't buy her, couldn't buy love, couldn't buy time.

And I would rather have all of the above than have a single penny.

There was a knock on my door and I snapped the lipstick close, shoving it in my pocket, "Come in."

Lucy peeked into my office, "Scott is here."

I grunted and settled back in the huge leather chair, "Let him in."

Scott walked in and raised a fist at me to bump. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked as our fists met and he took a seat across from me.

"Can't I meet my bestie at work?"

I raised a brow, "Low on clients recently?"

"Quite the contrary. In fact I have some news for you."

"What about?"

He opened his mouth to answer but instead got distracted by my hands, fiddling with the silver wedding ring.

"You're not over her are you?"

I groaned, my head pounding hard. I popped a dose of aspirin into my mouth and gulped it down with water.

"Get on with it Scott," I grumbled and put the glass down with a thunk.

"There is news about your father."

My forehead creased, "My father's dead."

"Exactly why I'm here. Rumours about your father have been circling. None of us know why."

"He was a businessman that died in a car crash with his wife, what's there to gossip about?"

"Just giving you a heads up man, I don't know how the tide is moving within the gangs at the moment. But if your father is suddenly mentioned in the circles, I don't think your name is far off on the list."

"I can take care of myself," I grimaced as my migraine continued torturing me.

Stupid pills can't work any faster.

"You look like shit."

"Thanks."

"Can't wait for me to get out of here and leave you alone huh?"

I gave him a slight nod and he eyed me for a moment before shaking his head and standing up to leave.

"I don't want to say it but you're forcing me here dude," he mumbled offhandedly as he strode to the door.

"I didn't force you, just keep your mouth shut."

"You love her Kieran Knight. Stop thinking you can't love her just because you've dipped your feet into the dark side. Even a villain has a heart."