CHAPTER 12 - YOUR SMILE

- Alina -

What did I do to deserve such a wonderful husband?

Couldn't he just return to his old stuck up and grumpy mannerisms? It was much easier to dislike and leave him.

The lines of reality and fantasy have disappeared thanks to my father's efforts to make us spend time together.

I couldn't complain. In fact I have to admit, I love spending time with Kieran.

Every moment that I'm with him stretches my heartstrings and I'm not sure how long more I can take before it snaps.

I could keep this up for one day. I could contain my emotions just until today ends. 

I'll be fine.

We'll be fine.

But it didn't help that he looked amazing and hot even when he dressed down. A simple white shirt with the sleeves folded up to his elbows and a pair of ripped jeans.

Kieran took my hand, the excitement in his eyes was adorable compared to his caveman-like stare, "Let's go."

I was dizzy from the amount of adrenaline pumping in my veins as we went on one ride after another. Even the Haunted Mansion didn't slow our pace. 

The bastard was smiling like a loon when we stepped out of the house and I know that smile only came from me holding onto him like he was my lifeline. I wasn't scared, it was purely out of excitement.

I shoved him in the ribs from pure frustration but he wasn't the slightest bit bothered. It only resulted in him kissing my clenched fist to ease my petty anger.

We weren't anywhere close to done with the rides but decided to calm our nerves by doing some window shopping. At least that was my initial plan.

Kieran grabbed every single thing I touched and paid for it with his black card. As if I would need thirty-five plush toys when I had him as my giant teddy bear.

We stopped by the 'Pandora' charm bracelet store to give his chauffeur some time to load our purchases into the car.

I gripped his bicep, not wanting to point to anything or he would practically buy the whole store. Side note, his muscles were really touchable.

Almost automatically I was drawn to 'The Little Mermaid' charms. I loved swimming and the ocean in particular.

I never understood why Ariel was interested with life on land. There weren't gangs underwater. There weren't people who would wish harm upon her family. There weren't such things as car accidents. And even sharks, the predators of the sea, were not anywhere as dangerous as the humans on land.

"Who's your favourite Princess?" Kieran asked as I scanned the display with the many charms.

"I don't have one. I do like Tiana and Rapunzel's personality, but I always seem to be entranced by Ariel's story."

He was more than ready to straight up purchase every charm of each Princess I mentioned but I took his hand and kissed each of his knuckles like how he always did with me.

"Thank you Kieran, for today. But I would appreciate it if your black card stops making an appearance."

He looked clearly disgruntled by my decision but he nodded and held my waist, leading me out of the store.

His phone chimed and he checked his messages, "I hope you're hungry."

"Starving actually."