CHAPTER 1 - TREACHERY

- Alina -

If he looked any less perfect, I would have stomped on his foot in my heels and slapped him across his emotionless stoned face.

But heck he definitely was hot as hell.

More so when he was getting frustrated.

What kind of Insurance Agent looks that sexy? Oh right him, the CEO of the damn company.

Black fitted suit, slicked back hair, sharp facial features and sculpted body. And damn those eyes, they were endless.

I gritted my teeth and gripped the steering wheel tighter, if only I wasn’t going to be married.

Well, if the marriage was still going to proceed anyway.

I drove my silver Bugatti Veyron through the open gates of my estate and pulled up at the main door. The rage for my fiancé took over the lustful attraction for the emotionless Mr Knight and I was ready to snap.

The tires screeched to a halt and I hopped out, my chauffeur quickly running down the steps and into the car to park it in the garage. My heels clicked against the stone of the steps as I marched up to the main door. My butler, Wilson, opened them the moment I approached, “Welcome home Miss, can I get you anything?”

“A bottle of red wine will be nice, thank you,” I continued making my way through the luxurious living room of my mansion and up the grand staircase to my room.

“I shall prepare two glasses then?” Wilson asked and I paused in my steps.

I turned and looked over the staircase to where he was still standing by the door, “Are you kidding me? I’m having the bottle for myself. Mr Connor Anderson is not getting a single drop.”

The moment I reached my room, I flung the door open and Connor, my fiancé, looked up at me from his packing. His eyes were bright with happiness until he let my deadly expression sink in.

“Hey babe, what’s up?” He asked carefully and I let a grim smile appear on my face.

“What’s up? Guess where I went today? Just guess my lovely sweet friend,” I taunted and he visually gulped.

“Something happened at work didn’t it? I hardly see you this angry, I told you not to go in to work today. Tomorrow is our big day and you need all the rest you can get babe,” he reached out to hold my shoulders but I took a step back and glared at him.

“I did not go in to work today. I went to the ‘Knight Insurance Agency’, the insurer for all your cars, does that ring a bell?”

His eyes seemed to pop when he realised what I was talking about, “What? Why would you go there? You said you were dropping by the office-”

I raised a finger, “I did say that, I didn’t say which office. And you have no right to question my twisting of words when you were the one lying to me.”

“I never lied to you Alina, I love you, why would I-”

“Then explain what Mr Knight told me then. In debt? Meddling with gangs? Claiming from the insurer to pay back your debts? What the fuck?”

His knees bent and he knelt on the ground, his voice desolate with desperation at this point, “I-I’m sorry Alina, I was doing a few deals with them. It wasn’t big. Just helping them find some properties to do their work and they paid me a huge sum for commission. They asked me to work for them but I rejected Alina, I cannot do that to you, to us. What I was doing was risky enough and if the police found out, I’ll be taken away from you.