Chapter 8.

Chapter 8

Cora POV

=======

All my life I've traveled the world. My family and I were nothing like other families. My father is a multi-millionaire and my mother is a scientist. All my friends are immortals like me; but we don't know how we became this way.

All I remember that the night of my 18th birthday I woke up sweating and I felt some sort of gravitational force. I got up off my bed to look at myself in the mirror; I look completely fine until I heard Kane's voice in my head 'welcome to the club' he said.

I was completely confused, it felt like a dream, but it was too real! After a while Kane knocked on my widow and took me towards the woods where all our friends were waiting for us. Layla, Tatum, and then Kane explained to me that I'm going to be forever young. I made a pack to them, swearing my life to not let anyone outside from our group to know our secret. Although, I had my theories about how we all were immortal since my friends parents all work for my parents.

My mother could have invented some sort of a drink making us immortal. Since being immortal meant I didn't have to sleep every night, it gave me so much time to think. Along with Kane messing with my thoughts which explained before I turned 18 my friends never had phones; we could all contact one another through our minds.

After two months, my family and friends we all moved to Hawaii. I started to have a crush on Kane; which my mother approved and from what Kane told me that my father was encouraging him to talk to me. Layla and Tatum are a couple and the pressure to be with Kane as more than just-friends was so high, I stopped talking to him at night.

Of course he didn't know why but one night he knocked my window; "Kane, go away,"

I told him as I was about to close my window.

He jumps in my room. "Why are you pushing me away?" he grabbed my hand.

"I don't know," I looked away.

He cupped my face with his hands "Cora, please look at me."

I looked into his eyes, sighing. "Cora, I really like you." he smiled "please stop pushing me away" he kissed my forehead

"I don't feel the same Kane that's the thing" I bite my lips looking away again

"That's not true and you know it" he takes my heads again walking me towards my bed

"Just give me a chance please Cora" I sat on my bed looking down at my hands. Kane sat next to me and kissed my cheek lightly.

I gasped. "Kane!"

"Shh" he hushed me kissing my cheek again.

"I want to rest." I started to get a little nervous as his lips traveled towards my neck.

"Okay." he stopped and lies behind me.

"I'll sleep with you." he patted my bed and I lay next to him.

I knew something wasn't right; I felt like this was all planned between our parents. Sure I gave Kane a chance but I was eager to find a flaw to quickly end this off. He was a great guy, but something kept on telling me there was someone else out there for me.

A week passed and my dad informed me that he was heading to a small town in California, to visit his other land that he owned. I took this opportunity to go with him and to get away from Kane. I told Kane that I'm ending off with him since I didn't know when I will ever see him again. He didn't like the idea of ending our so call relationship but I insisted.