Chapter 2

Chapter 2

========

We went out of the school building and walked to the parking lot, and then we hop in Fanny’s car to get to my house faster. Austin was the one who sat next to me, and he was being annoying saying that what I've told him that morning was true. Those fairies had nothing to do with anything.

Finally we arrived to my house; I went in with the guys, and then grabbed Adriana's hand and walked to the kitchen,

 “Do you think you’re ready to be a part of my pack?” I asked her staring into her eyes, trying to figure out the answer before hearing it from her

“Yes, of course, Cam”

“You need to know that you'll have to follow my orders, my commands, anything I say. You'll just have to obey it. I’m going to be the future alpha and if you do not like what I command you to do, it will not be my problem. Are we clear?”

She nodded her head “Yes, I understand, Cameron”

I sighed and gave her a hug, “I’ll always be here for you as I've ever been. Today will be your first meeting with us as a pack, and if anything scared you, you can excuse yourself and go to your room, okay?” I let go of her giving her some space

“I think I can handle it. I’m not a baby” she smiled and with that we walked back to the living room to join the rest of our pack.

I sat next to Neal while Adriana sat next our cousin Ethan. My father was our tribal council's Alpha while my uncle, Ethan’s dad, was the Beta. They were our tribe elders a side with my pack’s parents.

We sat quietly as our parents discussed between them. Finally my father cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention.

“We gathered you all her for a very important discussion” He pulsed looking at all of us “We have already spoken with the fairies court. They have told us that something big is going to happen”

Austin gave me one of his I-told-you-so look; I ignored him rolling my eyes

“What they have predicted that a clan of immortals is on their way and they want to take over our town. Now we don’t know how big the clan or how they look like, but we need to keep our eyes and ears open” he father said and then looked at my uncle,

My uncle started speaking “Now, kids, I know that you all have some kind of background information about those species. And that is the second reason why we want you all to listen closely” he ordered and we all obeyed.

He began lecturing us about immortals. How they could be young like us or even adults like our elders and they can still have their powers. Then my father started to talk about the immortal's powers, and how deceitful they could be.

I was trying to be focused as I could manage till I've heard someone's breath got heavier like if they were sleeping. I looked around the room, and saw my sister as she leaned her head on Ethan’s shoulder with her eyes closed.

I cleared my throat trying to get my dad’s attention. When he looked over my way I pointed to Adriana. He smiled and walked to her, after she was awake, he send her to her room. And then he went back to our meeting and continued talking.

“Okay, children, you are dismissed. We will talk more about that tomorrow.” my father finally announced.

I thought about getting up to my room for a nap, but then I remembered my patrolling, so I just went out with the guys, and in a blink everyone ran in a different way in the woods, after another second I was naked and running on four legs.

‘See, I've told you, Cam’ Austin said to me in my mind

‘About what?’ asked Neal

‘The morning fairies told him about something big was coming, well, I think it’s what the council was telling us’

‘It can mean anything, Austin’ I said, running faster

‘We all talk to them anyways, you don’t have to act like the tough guy’ Fanny said teasingly,

‘Is not like I’m acting tough Fanny’ I huffed

‘Babe, stop messing with Cam’ said Aidan as he started to run next to me. We all ran in unison, passing the trees feeling the wind blowing against our fur.

Suddenly, the most enjoyable part of the patrolling time seemed to past; it was like if we were in our own world. We stopped at the nearby river. I stood up on the highest rock while Ethan below me. Ethan and I were going to be the next leaders of the pack, as I was the next Alpha and he as my Beta. Although we both were still not mated, yet, my father was giving us our roles in thirty days, exactly right after Adriana's birthday.

I was constantly worried about Adriana lately, she was new to everything, and all that must have been tough on her. I remembered my first days and how much I was enjoying myself just because I've been waiting for that to happen to me, but it wasn't the same for her.

‘Don’t worry too much about her, Cam. She’ll be a part of us, your second Beta, right after me. I wish that was true, but she’ll be a great member in our pack’ Ethan said after he heard my thoughts about Adriana,

‘Yeah, better than Neal’ I teased,

‘Hey, I heard that! I’m a kickass wolf; you should feel honored to have me in your pack’ Neal defended himself,

‘Yeah, yeah, just don’t mess with Adriana and we’ll be cool’ I announced as I jumped to the ground to continue my patrol.

Everyone had their separate conversation as they followed me, I walked lazily around as I stared to the waterfall. Watching the water flowing down, I ran to the water. I noticed a figure behind the water; and I quietly gaited closer to see who it could be.

It was a female; she was not facing the other side with her back towards me, and all she was wearing her panties; I stared at her beautiful figure, and I could feel the heat all over my body, and the urge to shift back to my human form and make love to that girl was suddenly so strong.

I took a step closer to her and felt my heart bounding in my chest. But then I froze, what if that girl freaked out when she saw me? What if she didn't want to be my mate? My mate! I backed off and ran back to my pack as fast as I could,

"That's not happening! I'm just confused because she was naked, that's it" I kept telling myself,"This cannot be true! No this just can’t be happening!"

‘Cameron!’ yelled everyone

I ignored them and ran past them toward my house. Running back home replaying the image of her body, I cursed myself. How vulnerable could I get?!

I shifted back to my human form and quickly put my clothes back on. I rushed into the house to find my parents in the living room,

"Are you done already, Cam?" my father asked as he checked his watch,

"Yes!" I snapped at him, "I'll be in my room, I need to be alone!" I announced and ran up to my room, as soon as I was inside; I closed the door behind me and locked it.

I walked to my bed and threw myself on the mattress.

I just couldn’t believe that I just mated.