i n t r o d u c t i o n

P A R T  O N E

   When Marinette gets hit by a car while crossing the street on her way to school, she ends up losing all of her memories of who she was - including Ladybug. She's scared and lost, and everyone is a stranger.

   Just when she starts to get to know Chat Noir and to understand herself as Ladybug, her memories vanish again.

   And again.

   And again.

   Chat Noir is the only one who can save her. 

___

   Marinette Dupain-Cheng was late. Again. 

   Cursing herself for an idiot, she threw on clothes, grabbed a piece of toast, and swung her backpack over her shoulder as she shouted a goodbye to her parents and sprinted through the bakery. Pushing open the door, she skidded to a halt, almost running into a customer. "Sorry!" she said, turning to run towards the high school across the street.

   She wouldn't get to see Adrien this morning! She'd probably be sent to the office again thanks to her waking up so late. Ugh, that was always so embarrassing.

   She dashed across the street, forgetting to look both ways before she crossed.

   She heard a shout of warning and the engine of a car before she felt her body hit the asphalt and everything went dark.

//

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The girl opened her eyes slowly, blinking. Where was she? What happened? She groaned - her head was killing her. 

"Oh - sweetie!" A choked sob. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

She turned to look at a dark haired woman. Was she speaking to her?

"Who are you?"