5

Chat Noir grinned. "Anytime. There are so many people that care about you, Marinette."

He began to turn. "Now I should probably -"

A large boom sounded, the building shaking beneath her feet. She almost fell, noting that she was incredibly clumsy, but Chat steadied her. He opened the trap door and motioned her inside.

"That's probably another akuma attack - you need to get inside." He helped her down onto her bed and she looked up at him to say thanks, but he muttered something under his breath. "I hope Ladybug shows... I can't keep this up for long."

And then he was gone. Marinette could only stare at the window before she heard Tikki's voice. "Marinette! You have to fight!"

She sputtered. "W-what? I can't - I don't know how to -"

Tikki flew close to her face. "You have to, Marinette. You've done this before, a hundred times. You can do it. Chat Noir needs your help!"

"But, Tikki - I have no idea what I'm doing! I don't remember fighting, I don't know what to do! And I can't ask Chat Noir for help or he'll know it's me!"

"Listen, quickly." She pushed the earrings into her hands. "Put these on." She did. "Your yoyo cannot break - and it can go on forever. Your power is Lucky Charm, which gives you an item to help you. When you've used it and the item with the akuma in it is broken, you will catch it in your yoyo and purify it. Chat Noir's power is Cataclysm - he can destroy anything he touches only once. After either of you use your power, you have five minutes before you transform back. Now, hurry! Say, Tikki, spots on!"

"I - Tikki -"

"That is all I can explain for now. I believe in you, now go!" 

"T-Tikki, spot's on!"

A bright, red light enveloped her body, and a mask appeared across her face, a red spandex suit with black spots replacing her clothes. She gasped. Suddenly, her body felt lighter, her strength amplified by whatever magic the miraculous gave her. 

"Tikki? Where'd you go?"

No answer. She shuddered, holding her head in her hands. "Oh, God... I can't do this, I can't do this..."

I believe in you, now go!

People were depending on her - and if she didn't show up, Chat Noir might get hurt - citizens might get hurt. She couldn't let that happen. Even - even if she was terrified, it didn't matter, because there were others out there right now, maybe facing death. 

She had no memories, anyways. If it meant she had the capability to save others... She would gladly do it, because they couldn't save themselves. 

And she's done it before, right? How hard could it be?

She took a deep breath, her legs trembling as she lifted herself onto her balcony. She ended up never eating her damn sandwich, which sat on her desk, abandoned. Her stomach grumbled and she scowled. "Damn it," she hissed.

The sky was cloudy - the air moistened, as if it was about to rain. Thunder rumbled, far enough away that Ladybug was sure she wasn't going to get wet for a while. The wind brushed her bangs against her forehead as she surveyed the city.

Another boom sounded - an explosion - and again, the ground quivered. She raised her yoyo - what a strange weapon - and tested its weight. She held it up, and threw it towards another building. It wrapped around a gargoyle and -

She went flying, her yoyo pulling her into the air and practically tossing her across the building like a slingshot. She screamed, flailing, as she began falling towards the Seine River. She tried to stop herself but ended up slamming into the water anyway. She swam up and coughed. 

She looked around - and saw an eruption underneath the Eiffel Tower. A glimpse of black shot up, climbing the monument. Chat Noir. She watched as small detonations followed him up and she panicked. Taking her yoyo, she threw it at the nearest bridge. 

She was yanked into the air. She landed hard on the cement and rolled a few times before stopping, groaning in pain.

Damn, she really needed to fix those landings. She stood, rubbing her hip, and whirled to the Tower.

Chat Noir was almost to the top, the explosions following him like an echo, and Ladybug began sprinting towards him. She didn't want to try her yoyo again until she was close enough, and until she assessed the situation. "Chat Noir!" She screamed, however pointless it may be. He couldn't hear her.

She looked around as she ran across the remainder of the bridge. There were large craters everywhere, and luckily she didn't see any injured civilians. According to Adrien, she could fix the destruction any akumatized villains caused. And all she had to do was throw her lucky charm in the air after purifying the akuma. 

Looking up, Ladybug  spotted a flash of mint green shadowing the black cat.

What happened next scared Ladybug more than she cared to admit.

Chat Noir leapt off the top of the Eiffel Tower, falling a thousand feet to the ground. All she could do was scream.

"Chat!"

He held a silver baton, and she watched as it - extended, and he landed safely on the ground. Relief spread through her as she tackled him.

"M-My Lady?"

"Stupid cat," she whispered.

"What happened?" He asked, holding her shoulders. "I know you must've had a good reason, an if you can't tell me that's fine, but I need to know if you're okay."

"I-" What could she say? She couldn't tell him about the memory loss, but she could answer his question. "I'm not okay, not mentally. But I can't tell you."

He was quiet for a moment. "Alright, I trust you. We-"

That green blur she saw was now falling from the sky, chasing Chat Noir. "Look out!" She shouted, pushing him away as she jumped backwards herself. 

The person landed between her and Chat with a small boom. She was clad in a green suit with a white belt strapped around her waist. Her hair was short and pink, stopping at her chin. She had test tubes filled with bubbling liquid in her belt and closed beakers with what looked like yellow smoke inside.

This couldn't be good. 

"Hello, Ladybug. Give me your miraculous."