3

The entire room was silent, but Marinette wasn't. "You're such a bitch, Chloe."

Then Alya spoke. "Mari.. How did you know her name?"

Her eyes widened as she stepped away from the girl. "I don't know."

"Maybe you're remembering some things?" A short girl in a pink dress shrugged. 

Rose.

The name came to her suddenly - if that was even her name - but it seemed to fit. Maybe she was remembering some things. Maybe she would get her memory back!

"Marinette - you can not hit people in this classroom."

Marinette spun around to see the teacher. Oh, crap. She shouldn't have reacted that way. It was wrong. 

"And Chloe - to the principal's office. What you said was unforgivable. I won't see you again today."

"What?" The girl shrieked, throwing her hands in the air. "But she touched me! I'm calling daddy!" She stormed out the door, and Marinette, with her head down, slipped into her seat. 

"Nice, girl! She deserved that." Alya nudged her with her elbow. 

"Yeah, you were awesome!" Nino exclaimed, twisting around in his seat. 

Adrien grinned at her. "I'm glad you stood up for yourself. What she said was horrible."

Marinette wasn't sure what to say. "Thanks, I guess? Is she always like that, or is it just me?"

"She's usually mean like that," Alya crossed her arms over her chest, "but you two have never liked each other."

After that, Mrs. Bustier shushed the room and apologized to Marinette for Chloe's behavior.

Marinette worked on missing assignments while the rest of the class took the test and then took notes on a geographic movie. It was hard to pay attention to her own tasks with the film on and the room darker than normal thanks to the lights being shut off, but she got as much completed as she could manage. 

When lunch rolled around, her and Alya, Adrien, and Nino headed to the courtyard. "I'll see you later, Marinette!" Alya called as she ran off.

"See you in an hour, is what she means," said Nino as he, too, walked out of the building. 

"So we go home for lunch?" Marinette said to herself. 

Adrien answered. "Yeah. This is the first public school I've ever been to, and I kind of thought it was weird." 

"You've never been to school before?" 

He shook his head, adjusting the strap on his bag. "No, my father's assistant always taught me at home. It took a lot of convincing to get my father to let me come here. I never had friends, so the whole thing is new to me."

Marinette laughed. "I don't remember having friends, so I guess you could give me a few tips."

He grinned. "Yeah, I guess I could."

They began walking towards the entrance when Marinette asked, "So who is this 'Ladybug' Alya was talking about?"

"Oh. She's a superhero. She and her partner Chat Noir protect Paris from evil. See, there's this guy who transforms people into villains in order to get Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses."

"Miraculouses? What are those?" She cocked her head to the side as they passed through the door. 

"They give Ladybug and Chat Noir their magical powers," he said. 

"Whoa," Marinette's eyebrows raised. "They have actual magic?" 

"As far as I know, yeah. They have masks so no one knows their real identities."

"That's cool. But Alya said something about Ladybug being missing, didn't she?"

He nodded, and suddenly his excited expression solemned. "No one knows what happened. Three days ago, Chat Noir managed to trap the akuma - which is what transforms people - in a jar so Ladybug can purify it. She just didn't show up. She's never done that - not without finding some way to notify m- Chat Noir. It's really strange. Everyone is worried." He looked down at his feet.

"Hey, I'm sure she had an emergency or something."

"No," he looked at the sky. "She still would've said something. Chat Noir can't do it on his own, just like she wouldn't be able to finish a fight without him, but he managed it. Barely. And the destruction - only Ladybug can fix it." 

Marinette had noticed a few broken windows and smashed cars, but she had dismissed it. She had no idea what was normal and what wasn't. She'd only been out of the hospital for a few days now. 

"That's really serious," she murmured. 

Adrien nodded. "Yes, it is." He took a deep breath. "Anyway, I have to go or my bodyguard will get fussy." He jerked his thumb at a silver car. 

She raised a brow. "You have a bodyguard? Wow. How famous are you?" 

He laughed. "Not very much. I'll see you later," he said, jumping into the back seat. 

She watched the car drive away and turned towards her house. She had told Alya she could get there on her own, and she could, but she was starting to wish she had some company on the way. 

When she made it there, thankfully with no accidents, she headed straight up to her room with a sandwich, leaving her parents working down in the bakery. 

She was starting to see why she had liked him so much - but she saw him more as a good friend as of now. 

She passed by a mirror and stopped.

She noticed her ears were pierced - but there weren't any earrings in them. And she hadn't seen any in her room when she went exploring the day she was released from the hospital. They didn't look like they had been pierced too long ago, either. 

Whatever.

She sat down at her desk, covered in designing supplies. She couldn't bring up the will to look at any of it except the drawing book Alya had told her she carried around everywhere. She looked for it now, through all the things she had lined up against the wall.

And instead saw a jewelry box.

Not a big one - only big enough to fit a necklace, maybe. It was black with a red design over it. It looked positively ancient. And she could have sworn it wasn't there before.

She picked it up. It felt old, too. Worn and the material cracking a little bit. She took her other hand and opened it to see a pair of earrings. So she had worn some, after all. They were black, but the second she touched them-

A red creature appeared in the air above the box. It had one black spot in the center of its forehead and little...antennas.

She parted her lips to scream when the creature spoke.

"Oh, Marinette! I'm so glad you're okay!"

So I already have the next chapter finished... I seem to have this habit of being ahead of the deadline so I could have posted this yesterday.

But I didn't XD

Please vote! I mean, if you want to. I'm not going to force you or anything. Do what you want. 

- Aron