15

Marinette glared at the beauty around her.

When she was brought to the door of a bakery, she was confused. Her parents quickly explained that they ran the shop and lived above it. She explored as she had intended and then holed herself up in her bedroom, snooping through everything. She still had the feeling that she was in someone else's room, and that could very well be true.

How would she know?

On the wall above a desk were a bunch of pictures of a blonde boy with green eyes - and it wasn't Chat Noir. He was posing for the camera, and some of the images appeared to be clippings from magazines. Why did she have pictures of a model?

Tikki, who was munching on cookies (which seemed like a fairly unhealthy diet to Marinette) had said yesterday that she had a crush on a boy named... Adrien? She thought that was his name. She couldn't remember exactly, not when her thoughts had been more centered around Chat.

He was incredibly good-looking, she could give him that, but she didn't know if the person was her crush or not. She asked Tikki.

"Yeah, he's the son of your favorite fashion designer."

"I like fashion?"

That would definitely explain the fabrics and threads lying about everywhere.

"Yes, a lot of your clothes are your own designs."

That was pretty impressive. She went to her closet and observed her hand-made outfits. They weren't bad, and -

She almost laughed.

There, in the corner, as if she had been ashamed by it, was a Chat Noir themed jacket. It was black with green lining, and the zipper was shaped like his staff when it wasn't extended. It had a green paw print n the back and she grinned. Yanking it off the hanger, she slid it on. It fit perfectly -  like it was made for her body. "Tikki - when did I make this?"

"About three months ago, I think," she said, still devouring her chocolate chip cookies. How did she only survive on sugar? Marinette wished she had that gift. Living above a bakery, with the smell of fresh croissants every morning wafting into her bedroom, made her wonder how the hell she did it without becoming fat. 

Seh turned in a mirror, admiring the detail on the hoodie. It was really neat, and she decided she was going to wear it to her first day of school. 

She didn't even know what she usually wore.

But she wondered why it was in the back of her closet. It was amazing! Maybe she was shy and hadn't wanted to wear it? But she was supposed to have a crush on a model - not Chat. Well, it didn't matter now anyway. 

Marinette spent the last of the day's light listening to her parents tell her where everything was and show her the school - which she could see from the apartment's window - and insisting to her parents that she could get there and find things on her own. She felt handicapped - and she supposed she was - but she didn't have to like it. She would figure it out. 

When she went to bed, saying goodnight to Tikki, she had a dream.

//

Chat Noir was laughing at his own joke again. 

Adrien Agreste had shown up at school today wearing her scarf, but he thought it was from his father.

Alya Cesaire was running after an akuma fight. Marinette hated that her best friend always put herself in danger for the sake of her blog.

There were two Chat Noir's - one in chains on the ground, and the other above him, about to take his ring off. Ladybug didn't know which was which.