#9 - Free time

Tweek had three free days ahead of himself, which was good and bad at the same time. He didn't have to work, but he didn't really know what to do with himself. He got up from bed, feeling a bit conflicted. He glanced at the clock.

"Huh, 10:24AM."  He said out loud. 

He looked in the mirror and felt his heart skip when he noticed he looked like garbage.  "Oh god. I need to do something about this."  He decided to go to the nearest hairdresser's and buy some new clothes at the mall later that day.

"Tweek!"  He heard his mother shout.  "Come down, pancakes are ready!"

"Coming, mom!"  He shouted back and changed into some comfortable clothes. Then, he strolled down the stairs.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Who was that boy who brought you home yesterday?"  Tweek's mom asked him as she took out two pancakes from the pans. Tweek sat down at the table and started munching on a pre-prepared plate of nutella pancakes.

"Uh well.."  Tweek took his time to chew on the food.  "He was my manager, Craig. You know, the guy who tutored me."  He explained. Tweek's mom sat down at the table as well, but she didn't start eating. Instead, she leaned her head on her hand.

"Is he nice?"  She asked.

"Yeah, he is. We know each other relatively well."  Tweek answered. He took another bite and enjoyed the flavour.  "Mom, this tastes very good! We should have pancakes more often."

"Haha, thank you. You're such a nice kid, you should know that."  She smiled and spoke up once again:  "How old is he?"

"22. So he's only one year older than me." 

"Is he a good boss? Does he care about his employees?"  She asked another question, making Tweek confused.

"Uhh, yes he's one of the best employees.."  He replied in a suspicious tone. He put the pancake down and drank some apple juice.

"That's great then. And is he-"

"Mom! Why are you so interested in him?"  Tweek interrupted his mother's question.

"Oh, well. I think you two have some great chemistry together, that's it."  She gave a simple reply. Tweek raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"And why do you think that?" 

"The times you talked about him, you seemed really happy. That's it."  She flashed an 'all-knowing' smirk.

"Mom! He's not homosexual!"  Tweek exclaimed but he immediately realized that he knew Craig was gay.  "Uh. I mean."  He stammered.

"Oh, he's not? That's a shame."  Tweek's mom frowned.

"Ah. As a matter of fact.. he told me he is bi."  Tweek looked away shyly.

"What? Really? That's great news, honey!"  He heard his mother say.  "Does he like you?"  She asked happily. Tweek looked back at his mother and scratched his right cheek, contemplating on what to say.

"Uh.. I-I don't actually know.."  He replied sadly.  "I guess I'll see in some time." 

"I hope for the best, Tweek. You deserve someone who is kind and makes you happy. I'll always love you for who you are, don't forget that. And when you two start dating, don't forget to introduce him to us, 'kay?"  She winked at Tweek.

"Mom! Fine-fine.. IF we actually start dating, which I doubt."  Tweek rolled his eyes.  "I'm gonna go to the mall and get a haircut and some new clothes. Got my paycheck about a week ago."  He got up from the chair and put the left-overs aside. When he was about to leave the dining room, his mom grabbed his arm.

"Let me give you 20 bucks at least." 

"No."

"Tweek."

"Nope."

"Oh, please don't be like that. I'm still your mother."  She smiled.

"I know and I love you but don't give me your earnings when I actually get paid quite well."  Tweek gave a peck on his mom's forehead.  "Thanks for the breakfast."  He strolled up into his room, leaving his mom smiling to herself.

When Tweek walked into his room, he locked his door. He didn't want to be interrupted while doing delicate things, like figuring out what to wear for the shopping spree he was about to have. Many of his clothes were old, worn-out or boring after years of wearing. Tweek never really liked shopping, he only bought stuff on impulse, he never planned on going to the mall. This resulted in Tweek having 5 'normal' T-shirts, while the rest were bad or ruined.

It took him twenty minutes to decide from the three combinations of clothing he thought looked alright. He put on a slightly gray sleeveless tee, ripped jeans and his favourite pair of black converse shoes. He looked in the mirror and smiled.

Looks cool, but doesn't bring attention. Perfect.  He thought.

He put his wallet in his black backpack and opened his door. He walked down the stairs and strolled in the kitchen.

"I'll take my motorcycle so don't call me, okay?"  Tweek took his keys from the key-holder.

"You sure, sweetie? Last time you said 'it's too much pressure' or something like that.."  His mom looked concerned.

"Yeah, I know but I can't live in fear, now can I?"  Tweek smiled.  "My anxiety has gotten better so I think I can handle it." 

"Okay, I won't stop you. But you better watch out for yourself."  She pat Tweek on his shoulders before hugging him. When they pulled away, they smiled at each other.

"I promise. Love you."

"Love you too!"  They said their farewells.

Tweek paced out of the house and walked into the garage, trying to find his helmet and suit. After a good five minutes, he finally was completely dressed and ready. He pushed his green motorcycle out and closed the garage door. He felt himself tense up but it was too late to back off. He managed to earn his license so he should actually use his vehicle he payed full price for (as he didn't allow his mom and dad to help out).

Tweek started the bike, hearing that beautiful roar which made him fall in love with bikes in the first place. He sighed to release some tension and sat on it. Finally, he set off in a relatively fast pace.

The ride was liberating. The way the wind blew on his face.. it was relaxing. He felt the road roll under him as he traveled with a high speed. God, he missed riding his motorcycle.