#34 - Risk

Here it is. As promised. <3

31th August 2:30PM

"Yes, thank you very much. Have a nice day!" Tweek cheerfully said to a customer. He sighed when the woman left the counter, she was the last one of the huge wave he had to grind down.

Stan was sweeping the floor in the meantime. All was fine and dandy, but both of them were tired. Craig was busy with end-of-month routine and Andrea was pestering him with everything else.

"Geez, this sucks." Stan came up to Tweek. Tweek just hummed questioningly, so Stan elaborated. "Andrea."

"Oh." Tweek squeezed his lips shut. "Yeah. When is Nicole coming by?"

"Umm... round 4PM but you and Craig are done by then." Stan replied after thinking for a few seconds. "But Kyle is coming to the rescue!"

Tweek laughed. "Someone seems to be happy about that."

"Duh, he's my bestest bud." Stan said, making Tweek roll his eyes.

You oblivious dumbass.

"Anyway, I gotta check on the macarons." 

"Sure, boss."  Stan took over the cash register and Tweek took his way to the back. He tied his apron back up when he entered the kitchen. But... Craig and Andrea were there, so he quickly hid right behind the doorframe.

"I know."  Craig replied to something coldly.

Andrea huffed.  "I don't like your tone."

"And I don't like many things about you but you don't hear me complain, do you?"

Holy shit! He did not just say that.

Tweek covered his mouth in order to keep himself silent.

"How dare you! Don't abuse your status. You're the only person I don't want to fire!"  Andrea scream-whispered.

"What, you'd fire everyone else?" 

"That's not what I said."

Craig scoffed very loudly.  "That is indeed what you literally just implied."

"..."

Silence. Tweek didn't dare move an inch or do anything. Even his breathing stopped.

"Look, Andrea."  Craig started in his usual tone.  "If I'm so valuable, then don't fuck with me. Respect me. And respect the others."

"You think I don't respect them?!"

"Lately, no. Let's not get into that."  Craig's voice got more agitated.  "Let's just get back to doing the storage."

They began walking out, so Tweek took some steps back and pretended he was just walking into the kitchen.

"Hello."  He said reluctantly. Andrea didn't reply, just hurried away. Craig gave him a wink and said a quick 'hey there'.

"You at my place after work?"  Craig whispered.

Tweek grinned.  "If you drive me."

"I sure will. Gotta go now." Craig smiled warmly and went after Andrea into the storage room.

What the hell was that... 

Tweek checked on the macarons. Five minutes after letting them bake a bit more in the oven, he took them out.
A sigh left his lips. Andrea never really picked on him, she only commented on a few things which were completely justified. But if she were to start being rude to him and he'd have to tell on her... that would be unbearable. Tweek put the next batch into the oven and turned the dial. And with that, he left.