chapter 3

'' How much do you know about Byun Baekhyun? ''

'' Don't tell me you are already obsessed with him too? ''

'' I changed my mind. I'm going back to ignoring you, '' I seriously muttered, turned my back to Jiyong and started walking away. The girl instantly rushed after me when I made my way down the school hallway. She was apologising for replying so harshly and trying to get me to speak to her again, but I ignored her just like I did the past few days that I spent at this academy.

We stopped at my locker and I started putting my boos in my backpack. She leaned back next to me, crossed her arms on her chest and thoughtfully began murmuring about how she never understood the appeal of bad boy charms. She firmly believed that a playboy who showered you with compliments was much better, even if he did it just because he wanted to sleep with you. I already learned how to tune out her loud voice by this point and her chatter slowly faded in to nothingness, when something at the end of the hallway caught my attention.

A girl from the first year was leaning against the wall and she couldn't move because Baekhyun's arms were on each side of her face. She was smiling and acting like she wanted him to leave her alone, while he was whispering something in to her ear and smirking. I was watching them until one of the teachers walked by and started scolding them about doing inappropriate things in the hallway. The girl seemed slightly worried and it looked like she didn't want to get in trouble, but then Baekhyun swung his arm around her shoulders. In the end both of them got sent home by the angry teacher. The girl thought that she was at least going to be able to spend time with him now, but he just turned his back to her and started walking away. His lips curved in to a vicious smirk and his eyes were full of darkness.

Those evil eyes were the same as his father's.

'' I heard his parents are trying to keep him on a tighter leash, but it's easy for him to find a way around him. His mother got in to a fight with that female teacher two years ago and she will get mad at her instead of him when she'll find out he got in trouble, '' Jiyong mumbled and sighed with boredom. '' Trust me, it won't take long before he'll be back in rehab. ''

He was walking in our direction and I couldn't help it but to stare at those black eyes.

Seven years.

Today it was exactly seven years since my father got imprisoned.

His gaze met mine and he winked at me before walking past Jiyong and I.

Perhaps it was time for me to gather my courage and finally go visit my father. It was already seven years since the police took him away and I had yet to go see him. In the beginning I didn't go because I was too busy trying to get my life together again. My mother abandoned me, then my aunt abandoned me and if I wouldn't have Sehun back then, I wouldn't even be here today. Then time began to pass and I was still postponing going to visit him. I would think of many different excuses when Sehun bothered asking, but deep down I knew what the truth was. A part of me was scared that he wasn't really the man that I believed he was.

I already came to terms with being the mafia boss's daughter, but I still didn't want to think that he was a bad person.

That was what they began calling him after he got arrested. He was just a bank owner with a passion for buying and selling real estate at first, then everything changed and suddenly he was the mafia boss. One of his politician friends got arrested by the police and he told them all about the business mister Nam had on the side. He was accused of money laundering and using the real estate he owned for drugs and weapons trafficking. There were a lot of other things that were said he was, but they couldn't prove them in court. It wasn't like that erased them anyways and he said that himself. Once branded a criminal, always a criminal.