chapter 6

My eyes were dark and I was clenching my fists with anger. 

If there was one thing that I hated about school, then that was bullying. I didn't really got to classes last year and I spent most of the time studying at home to get the scholarship for Jung academy, so I completely forgot about that aspect of teenage life. Here it was present everywhere, even if it really wasn't surprising, considering that this place was essentially just a bunch of rich kids that all wanted to be the best. Boys were constantly getting in to fights, things were getting broken and sometimes I saw even bodyguards getting paid to fight each other, but nothing was as vicious as girls and their words. 

I tried to work up my reputation and stay the friendly student that was here thanks to a scholarship, but I was struggling to control myself these days. This time I was walking down one of the hallways of the academy, when I overheard another argument. Me being my nosy self, I couldn't help it but to eavesdrop, only to see three girls cornering another one. She was a nerd that clearly didn't have many friends, but they seemed to be mad at her for trying to talk to any people at all. I found myself watching them with interest, but soon the leader of the trio of bullies began to seriously piss me off. 

'' You think you are entitled to friends just because your parents have money now? Don't forget where you came from. You would never become rich if your dad wouldn't have won the lottery and started a business, '' she spat and crossed her arms on her chest. Her two friends pushed the nerdy girl and made her fall on the ground. The leader in their group smirked and kicked her as strong as she could. '' Once trash, always trash. What are you crying about anyways? Learn to take a joke. You are one. ''

My nails buried in my skin and I was just about to interfere, when I heard a familliar voice almost yell behind me.

'' Did you seriously ask Chanyeol on a date? ''

It was a miracle that the girls that were just outside the window didn't hear Byun Baekhyun. I turned towards him and signalled him to be quiet, but he completely ignored me. His eyes were wide with disbelief and he was red in the face from anger. '' I can't believe you asked Chanyeol on a date! Is that why you rejected me? ''

I frowned and blurted out: '' Is that seriously why you are worried about? ''

'' I should have known there was a clear reason why you refused me! I was beginning to think that there was something wrong with me, but now I realise that you just have a really weird taste in men and- '' Baekhyun continued to blabber, even if I was hitting his shoulder and trying to make him shut up. 

The girls that were fighting were beginning to realise that there was something going on. The leader between the bullies looked up and that was when I grabbed Baekhyun's wrist, pulled him to the side and pushed him against the wall. He opened his mouth to speak, but I covered it with my hand before he could do that. '' Will you shut up? Can't you see that I am eavesdropping on someone? ''

'' Oh. I thought you pushed me against the wall to do something sexy. Next time I guess, '' he mumbled with clear disappointment when I moved my hand from his mouth. I was still pushing him against the wall and my body was pressed against his. He was looking at me with a strange expression on his face, but I didn't notice. I was too busy watching the girls that went back to beating up the poor nerd. 

I narrowed my eyes and murmured: '' Do you know the leader of the three bullies? She needs to be taught a lesson. She has no idea how lucky she is to be born in to a rich family. She never had to experience hardships like that nerd did. '' 

'' You have a nice perfume, '' Baekhyun casually commented and twirled a strand of my dark hair around his finger. He winked at me when I looked at him with a started expression on my face. Then he glanced out the window and mockingly smirked when he recognised the bully. '' I know her. Chanyeol dated her for a while and she was incredibly annoying. Her parents were actually going through some money problems back then and she was constantly asking him for cash, so I seriously don't understand why she's acting like that. She's a leech herself and she is completely obsessed with the status position that you get when you are a rich person. You are right, she doesn't deserve everything that she has. ''