chapter 18

The principal's talking seemed to have no end and at one point I couldn't take it anymore. One of the event halls of the prestigious Jung academy was full of students that day and we were listening to speech after speech. It was the school's birthday and it seemed like all of the teachers had an opinion and wanted to say something about that. It wasn't like that was the end of it either, there was supposed to be a music performance afterwards too. Most of the students in the rows and rows of seats were clearly dying of boredom, but I knew that this was going to happen, so I came prepared. I slowly pulled a gigantic packet of gummy bears from my back and the people seating nearby instantly began to turn their heads at the loud creaking sound of the packaging.

Jiyong and I were the last in the rows that were being occupied by our class and next to us were four from the other one. I was between her and Chanyeol, while continuing from him were Baekhyun, Yoori and Kyungsoo. They were all looking at my giant packet of gummy bears with deathly serious expressions on their faces now, while Jiyong was peacefully sleeping with her head on my shoulder and quietly snoring. It was almost scandalous for a classy rich person to eat something like that, but after an hour in the hot event hall even they didn't care anymore.

Yoori narrowed her eyes when she noticed my gaze slowly move straight ahead again. I began to eat my gummy bears and act like I couldn't see them. Baekhyun frowned at the sight of my behaviour and hissed: '' Are you really planning to eat that all by yourself? ''

'' Wow, look at you stuffing your face with no shame at all, '' Yoori mockingly mumbled and scowled.

I rolled my eyes and sighed in defeat. I held my bag towards them and groaned in annoyance when they began reaching towards it and I could feel it getting lighter and lighter. Moments later they were all munching and smiling in content at their handfuls of gummy bears. I was slowly chewing the ones that they left me and watching Baekhyun. There was a purple bruise surrounding his eye that morning, but he didn't want to talk about what happened. He was clearly in a bad mood and his bodyguard Minseok had a bandaid covering a wound on his forehead too. I was curious about what happened to them and I wondered if mister Byun was responsible for it. Did he go after his son again?

I frowned and pointed at Baekhyun. '' Do you not like the yellow gummy bears? ''

'' No, they are clearly the inferior flavour and a rip off, '' he seriously answered and slid back on his chair. He was almost laying on it now and it looked like he was planning to sleep for the rest of the school's birthday celebration, just like Jiyong. '' That's why I get my packets of gummy candy custom made just for me and delivered to my house. ''

'' Tch. '' I chewed of the head of a gummy bear. '' Why did I doubt you rich people not going overboard even when it comes to something as simple as gummy candy? ''

Chanyeol happily laughed and slapped my knee. '' The sky is the limit when you are rich. Actually, not even the sky can stop you, since you can literally get any flying vehicle you want. Speaking of which, want to go fly with me on my private plane? I really like racing with it, but all of my friends hate it, so I have to always do it alone. ''

Baekhyun closed his eyes, Yoori muttered something along the lines of 'here we go again' and Kyungsoo elbowed him and said: '' Can't you just deal with it already? No one in their right minds would go on a private plane with you- ''

'' That sounds so much fun! '' I blurted out in the middle of his sentence and my eyes grew wide in amazement. Kyungsoo and Yoori stared at me in disbelief, while Chanyeol and I barely managed to stop ourselves from screeching in enthusiasm in the hall where we were supposed to be as quiet as possible. The truth was that I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I was interested in the concept of flying. I wasn't that comfortable with heights, but I always enjoyed things like amusement parks and extreme sports. '' Do you know how to fly it too? ''