chapter 16

In the blink of an eye, things took a drastic turn for the worse. It was typical for life to do this, just when you thought that it was as bad as it was going to get. You took a moment to breathe, relax and began to fight back and in that brief moment when you were the most vulnerable, it all slipped right through your fingers again. For me that moment was when I chose to trust Kai with helping me get Sehun back and not think that he could have some other plans. Now there was a gun in my trembling hand and his voice was whispering in my ear.

'' Shoot. Come on. Shoot him. You kill him or your little friend dies. ''

My face was blank and my eyes were cold, but I couldn't stop my hand from trembling. The gun that I was holding was incredibly heavy and I felt like it was getting hotter with each moment that passed. Everything was fine at first and Kai found Sehun in a private room of the other loan shark's office. It was located right above an arcade and I could hear the distant sound of people laughing and having fun while playing games. It seemed like they were in a completely different world compared to what was happening in here. They were enjoying their time and hanging out together and I was kicking a loan shark until he told me the new place where the bachelor that worked for Gang Sungho stored the trafficked drugs and weapons.

'' You can't let him walk now that he saw your face, '' Kai continued and grinned at the frightened loan shark. His men beat him up pretty badly and he barely managed to stand on his feet by leaning against a chair. Blood was staining his face and his frightened eyes were looking all around the room. He almost looked pitiful, but I knew that he wasn't because the state he put Sehun in, was even worse than his.

I shook my head and quietly murmured: '' I'm not a murderer. ''

'' Kill him, '' Kai urged, spinning his own gun around in his hand. '' He deserves it. ''

'' You deserve it too, '' I protested and continued shaking my head.

'' That's right, but I still walk and I probably will for a long time, because I am not an idiot that would let another loan shark in his office. '' He let out a laugh and hit the man that cursed at him. Shiwoo fell on his knees, looked right at me and began to pray for me not to kill him. The sight of that wiped Kai's smile of his face and he was slowly starting to get angry now. '' You don't have a choice. Kill him. Come on. Do it. ''

'' No... I can't... I don't want to kill anybody... ''

'' Do it! ''

'' No! ''

The door of the room opened and in that moment a gunshot rang through the night. It was followed by another one right away and I dropped on my knees. The loan shark that was standing in front of me and begging me to spare his life collapsed and his blood was on my face and hands now. My eyes slowly grew wide in horror and Kai sighed in disappointment and lowered his gun. He fired two bullets when one of Shiwoo's man barged in the room and the second one was directed at the man that he wanted me to kill. I saw the exact moment when life left him, it kept rewinding in my head and I felt like the whole world was starting to spin.

I lowered my head and gazed at the blood on my hands. Then I opened my mouth and began to scream. The world around me blurred, I fell back and began to move away from the corpse of the loan shark. I was backing away until my back roughly hit the wall behind me. Still crying, I hid my face in my hands and I didn't even realise I was alone, until a familiar figure ran in to the room. I heard Baekhyun call my name, then Sehun wrapped his arms around me and I came back to reality.

My best friend's hands touched my cheeks, he looked deep in to my eyes and the world stopped spinning. '' I'm fine. I'm fine. ''

Sehun's hand grabbed mine and Baekhyun turned away, before the three of us rushed out of the room. Two dead bodies stayed behind and none of us mentioned them when we ran away from the crime scene. We didn't speak of everything that just happened and I wasn't sure if we would ever be able to talk about it. I saw a lot of horrible things in my short lifetime, but someone dying right in front of me was certainly one of the worst of them and the image was still haunting me when we were waiting at a bus stop.