epilogue

- 11 years later -

Grey clouds were gathering on the faded blue sky and it looked like it was going to start to rain. A slight wind was blowing through the streets of Seoul and making dried leaves rustle and fall from trees and people shiver in their spring jackets. It was that time of the year when it was too warm to drink hot chocolate and too cold to eat ice cream. These were also the days when I was constantly smiling, because I knew that summer was coming soon and summer was my favourite season. I was always happy when another year rolled around and I got to watch flowers bloom as the sun shined through the windows of my apartment and created different shadow patterns on the floor.

'' Somin! What are you doing outside? It's going to rain soon and your shift is over! '' an annoyed female voice yelled from one of the opened windows of the hospital. The woman's eyes grew wide with shock at the sight of my figure and she pointed at me in anger. '' Your pants are all muddy again! You never learn! Just wait until I catch you and teach you a lesson! ''

Laughter was echoing through the small backyard of the children's hospital and a ball was getting kicked around the few trees that were planted all around. The sick kids were trying to enjoy their time outside and I couldn't help it but to join them. I thought it was going to be fun, I would win all of the games and use that as leverage to get them to obey me later, not protest when I would have to do different checkups and go to sleep early without screaming, but it turned out that I was horrible at soccer.

'' You're doing it, '' Yoori emotionlessly mumbled and raised one of her fists in the air.

The soccer ball hit me right in the face and the kids burst in to laughter. I stumbled back and glared at her in annoyance. She couldn't help it but to smirk in amusement at the sight of the red mark that was beginning to form in the middle of my forehead. '' I am clearly not. Change of plans. Pass. ''

I tried to kick the ball towards her, but it almost hit her too. She managed to step out of the way at the last moment, before glaring back at me and lowly warning: '' You try to kick anything towards me again and I swear I will personally shove that football down your throat. Anyway, how long are you planning to keep acting like you are twelve? What kind of person even stays at their job overtime for free? Come on, I've been waiting for you for like an hour and I am hungry. ''

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and answered: '' It's been literally ten minutes since you got here, but alright. I didn't eat anything today, so I am hungry too. Let's go. ''

Yoori and I had quite an unusual relationship going on. In reality I was never planning to get close to her and after everything that went down ten years ago, I was certain that I would never see her again. Sehun and I disappeared out of the lives of her and the others for what I hoped would be forever and it was the hardest thing that I ever had to do, but she managed to run in to me again. She wasn't looking for me or anything, it was pure coincidence that happened a couple years ago. Yoori got in to fashion design after high school and she was donating most of her money to different organisations and places that needed it. One of them happened to be the children's hospital where I started working as a nurse and the paths of our lives crossed again.

Yoori was angry when we first saw each other. She was really angry and she slapped me in the middle of the hospital before she suddenly burst in to tears. The two of us went to get a cup of coffee in a nearby cafe and she told me about everything that was happening in her life lately. I  was reluctant to ask about Baekhyun and the others, but she noticed the expression on my face and started talking about it herself. 

Everything changed after that party and everyone could still clearly remember the gunshots that were echoing through the hallways of the hotel. The file that I managed to retrieve from my secret vault had information about a lot of different people. It turned out that he was a lot like me, watching others and gathering knowledge. He knew that secrets were power and after Junmyeon read through the half burned documents he was able to put Gang Sungho behind bars. It wasn't just him though, mister Byun was taken too prison for accepting briberies and Baekhyun reported him for abuse. The principal of Jung academy was taken of his position for drug abuse and him and Jiyong disappeared forever.