chapter 19

A shiny chandelier was twinkling above us and the sales assistant was awkwardly smiling at our matching expressions of misery. '' I-Is there any way I can help you, ladies? ''

'' I wish I could be anywhere but here, '' I emotionlessly murmured, gazing out the glass walls of the expensive store. The numbers on the price tags were stupidly high, my old sneakers were staining the red carpets and even the cleaners were wearing designer clothes and looking better than me. I was secretly trying to move closer and closer to the exit, but my moves were noticed and an arm tightly wrapped around mine.

Jiyong smiled brightly at the sales assistant and happily asked: '' Can you end my life with one of those clothes hangers? ''

Yoori, standing a little bit away from us and checking herself out in a mirror, smirked and said: '' I realise just now, but you two make me look a lot better when we stand together. Are we going to sit together at the party too? ''

We were a trio of not exactly friends that you'd least expect to ever see together. In reality it was just Jiyong and I at first, shopping for dresses for the party that was held that night. It was an event that was part of the Jung academy's birthday celebration and the daughter of the principal managed to do something incredible. She truly proved herself to be scheming and evil like me and when she overheard her father talking about the location of the party, she casually suggested the hotel that she knew I was planning to target. She had no idea why, but as the good friend that she was, she wanted to help me and he agreed that it was a perfect idea. He thought the hotel was just extravagant enough to beat last year's party location and I couldn't even begin to imagine how much money was spent to finance the event.

There were too many guards walking around and security cameras on all walls and I had no idea how I was going to get inside at first, but now that problem was solved. More new ones appeared out of nowhere though and I nearly lost my hearing earlier that day when Jiyong called me in panic because she didn't know what to wear. She thought it was the most important thing in the world and she said she was never going to forgive me if I would show up in one of my so called cheap and nasty dresses. That was how I found myself shopping in stores that were way over my budget for the whole year and we were just about to enter another one when we bumped in to Yoori.

'' Why are you even here? Somin is my friend! '' Jiyong frowned and glared at Yoori. The other girl was casually looking through the countless rows of dresses in the expensive store. '' Three best friends might work for some people, but it's a no for me, so goodbye! ''

'' Don't worry, I am really just keeping an eye on my enemy, '' Yoori answered and glanced towards me. I was sitting on a pink sofa in the middle of the store and typing a text message on my phone. I raised my gaze at the sound of her words and looked right at her. '' I was going to accept her in my group of friends, because they seem to like her, but now I am starting to think that she is not really good for them. ''

Jiyong crossed her arms on her chest and raised an eyebrow in question: '' Are you sure you aren't just salty because she is trying to steal your future husband? Ever heard of the words moving on? Being an evil queen does suit you, but doing that would be good for you. ''

Yoori smiled again and flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. '' All I heard was that I am a queen and honestly, I agree. ''

I rolled my eyes and said: '' Why are you really here, Yoori? I know that you secretly do like hanging with us, but you are clearly in a bad mood today. ''

'' You. I am here because of you. '' My eyes slightly widened with surprise when I saw a shadow fall over her features. All sign of humour was gone from her face and her glare was as sharp as a knife. She walked up to me and I held my breath with surprise when she grabbed the collar of my shirt and lifted me from the sofa that I was sitting on. The other people in the store turned their heads with confusion and she lowered her voice just enough so that I was the only one that could hear her: '' I am warning you, Somin. Stay away from Baekhyun. I am being serious this time. I know what happened last night and it's all your fault that he is crumbling all over again. I was prepared to tolerate you before, even become your honest acquaintance until he would get bored of you. Things became a little tougher when I realised that he truly cares about you and you were a little more dangerous than the other girls, but I am done being nice... You crossed the line and you need to back away or... ''