Hot Tea And The Daily Prophet

Hermione straightened, stepping out of the fireplace, grunting as she ran straight into a wall. Hermione frowned, Since when did the weasleys put a wall in front of the fireplace?

She looked up in confusion only to be met by the eyes of the bloody red haired weasel himself.

Hermione groaned, she had hoped she could have avoided seeing him. It was a Sunday and barely noon, she'd figured he would've been still in bed, sleeping the day away. She was hoping she could've cleared things over with Molly, grabbed a couple jackets and shirts she'd left at the Burrow over time, then start on finding an apartment.

"Ron," she said, awkwardly, not meeting his eye.

He didn't say anything... or even show a sign of him being alive and she looked up hesitantly.

Ron looked shell shocked, his mouth way dropped open, exposing a half eaten pastry.

Hermione grimaced in disgust, "Honestly, Ronald."

Ron shook out of his daze, his eyes narrowed in anger, "What are you doing here? This is my house."

Hermione raised her eyebrow at him, "Oh, really? You're allowed to be a prick to me? After cheating on me?"

Ron shook his head, "You had an affair with the ferret, 'Mione. Don't pretend like I'm the only one who did something wrong," Ron shook his head in disgust, "Ferret! Really Hermione? I thought you were smarter than that."

Hermione took a step back, a half a step away from re-entering the fireplace, "Don't you dare try to place any blame on me, Ronald Weasley. You're the one that cheated. I broke up with you that night. That night I was not in the right state of mind after you broke my heart and I went to a club. I had too many drinks and the next thing I knew, I woke up in a bed next to Draco Malfoy. You are the reason any of this Malfoy situation even occurred!"

Ron was about to start yet another rant when pounding footsteps interrupted him. Molly Weasley came plummeting into the room, her eyes trained on the Daily Prophet. "Ron! Ron! I'm so sorry dear, but Hermione-"

Hermione cleared her throat and Molly Weasley looked up from the paper, gasping slightly. Molly stood there awkwardly, "Hermione," Molly was about to say a nice greeting before she glanced sideways at the picture of Draco Malfoy picking Hermione up into his arms and through a door underneath the headline; Ex Death Eater and War Heroine In Love?

"What a surprise!" was all she said.

Hermione started forward, spilling her guts to Molly, who was all ears. As Hermione retold the story of the night she found him with another woman, Molly's ears burned red with fury and she could practically hear Ron swallow behind her.

When she was done, Molly's hard face fell and her arms wrapped around the small girl's waist, pulling her into a tight embrace.

Hermione sighed with relief and wrapped her arms around the older woman.

Molly pulled back, her hand on Hermione's cheek, a sad smile on her face, "I'm terribly sorry for everything that has happened, dear. Truly. Know that you are still welcome here whenever you'd like."

Hermione smiled and placed her hand on top of Molly's which was still resting on her cheek reassuringly.

Molly then pulled away to round on the pale boy who looked about ready to wet himself, "RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY!"

Hermione jumped away from the fireplace as green flames burst forward and two silhouettes were revealed through the flames.

Hermione grumbled, "You have got to be kidding," when she saw the faces of Narcissa and Draco Malfoy standing there.

Malfoy's eyes scanned the room, landing on Molly's murderous look and Ron's petrified one, and lastly on Hermione's dreadful look of despair.

"Wonderful," he drawled dryly, "We're just in time for the entertainment I see."

Narcissa slapped Draco on the arm and walked out of the fireplace, dusting herself off as she went. She smiled reassuringly at Hermione before facing Molly Weasley.

Molly was momentarily distracted from the task at hand; Telling off her son.

Molly smiled slightly at Narcissa as she walked to her.

"Narcissa, how nice to see you," Molly uttered, mildly confused.

Narcissa smiled slightly at Molly, "Molly, I know we haven't ever exactly gotten along, but I can assure you that young Hermione in fact did not cheat on your son. In fact, I have proof-"

Molly smiled at Narcissa, placing her hand on her arm gently, "That's quite alright, Narcissa. Hermione's just told me everything that happened," she looked pointedly at her son, who was still cowering far away from the angry red headed woman, "and I do not blame Hermione or Draco for anything that had occurred."

Narcissa's eyebrows rose in surprise and she smiled, "Wonderful, well, that's all that we came for, really. But, Molly, perhaps we could talk over tea some time, soon perhaps?"

Molly smiled genuinely at Narcissa, "I'd be delighted."

"Merlin's Beard," Malfoy gaped under his breath, shaking his head in disbelief at the scene before him.

Hermione grinned, "I always told you the Weasleys were a good family," her gaze fell on Ron, "well, all except one."

Malfoy's jaw tightened as his gaze shifted to the boy in the corner. Hermione noticed and grabbed his hand, "Malfoy, don't."

He shook her hand off and stalked toward the boy.

"Draco!" Narcissa exclaimed.

Molly set her hand on Narcissa's arm, as if saying 'he deserves it'.

Ron managed to glare at Malfoy, his hands only shaking slightly, "What do you want, Malfoy?"

Malfoy glared at the red head, "What in Salazar's name is wrong with you? First, you cheat on your fiance, then you go and make up some story about Hermione to the reporters? What's next, weasel?"

"Wait a second," Hermione interrupted, "What did you say about making up a story about me to the reporters?"

Malfoy turned to her, shocked, "You haven't seen the Daily prophet?"

She shook her head, "No, why?"

"Would someone care to make some tea? I presume we'll be here awhile and I think Hermione might want something to throw at Weasel here pretty soon," Malfoy said, his eyes never leaving Hermione's.

*—-*