Damn pain

"Hermione?" someone asked, their voice cracking.

Hermione turned, panicking.

Her heart shattered into pieces as she saw him standing there in a tux, his eyes full of confusion and pain.

Pain.

"Draco," Hermione took a shaky breath and looked down at her hands.

Hermione had a pile of maternity clothes and a few other things that she'd need for the baby eventually.

Draco walked toward her, his eyes such a deep gray that she got pulled into his gaze.

Draco ran a shaking hand through his hair, "Hermione," he laughed nervously, "You've got to tell me what's going on." He gestured to the pile of clothes in her arms and then around the aisle.

Hermione shook her head, tears slipping down her cheeks, "I'm pregnant, Draco."

Hermione watched the emotions usually hidden so well flashed bright and clear across his pale face.

Shock, Disbelief, confusion, anger, defeat, and pain.

Damn pain.

"It's yours, if you haven't already figured that out," Hermione sighed.

Draco shook his head, he was silent. And that scared the crap out of Hermione.

Hermione's tears slid down her cheeks rapidly now, "I'm sorry, Draco. I thought that keeping it from you would make it better. I thought-"

Draco looked up at Hermione with red eyes, if she looked hard enough she could see tears building up, "How, Hermione? How could you think that would make things better!? That's also my kid, Hermione!"

Hermione sighed.

"So, what? You were just going to raise the kid alone without me? You weren't going to tell me?"

Hermione lost it, "You bullied me every year we were at school, Draco! You hated me! You took me in and I am forever grateful for that, but how am I supposed to just all of the sudden raise a kid with you? You were terrible to me!"

Tears dripped down Draco's face and Hermione froze. Immediately Hermione thought of when she saw Draco crying so many times during sixth year.

Hermione was a prefect, so she had to do nightly rounds. One night, when Hermione was on her patrol, she walked up to the astronomy tower and saw Draco Malfoy sitting on the ledge with his eyes shut, his head rested against a column and his face screwed up in pain and suffering.

Hermione's heart had broken for him then and there. She debated whether or not she should comfort him but decided against it. He'd only yell at her. But for the rest of that year, anytime Harry or Ron had talked badly about him, she'd change the subject. Because she never wanted to see that look on his face again.

And here she was, being the reason that look was on his face.

"I loved you, Hermione!" Draco sighed, "Ever since first year I haven't been able to keep my eyes off you. But because my father told me that muggle borns were the dirt under my feet and that under any circumstance, I was to tear them down, after the first words that I spoke to you I knew you hated me. And I had to keep up the act, or my father would make my life a worse hell than it already was."

Hermione's heart melted as she watched him confess and break down in front of her eyes.

"I love you, Hermione. I always have, and I always will."

Hermione smiled at him and grabbed his chin, "You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that."

She pulled him into her and kissed him, their tears mixing together.

Draco pulled away and sighed, "Hermione, I know we haven't dated and we haven't  been together, but I want to be with you. I don't want you to go through this pregnancy alone. I want to raise this kid with you. So..."

Draco sank to one knee and Hermione gasped, "Hermione Jean Granger, unfortunately I don't carry engagement rings in my pocket, but as soon as I get one... Will you marry me?"

Hermione stared at him and pictured their future together, and in every situation she put them in, she was happy. And he was happy. And that's all she's ever wanted.

Hermione nodded, "Absolutely."

Draco grinned and tugged her into his embrace and kisses her with all the love he possesses. 

"Well it's about damn time."

Hermione turned to see Blaise Zabini, also in a tux.

He grinned, "Hey, Granger."

Hermione nodded slightly, "Zabini."

She turned to Draco and raised her eyebrow at him, "Where were you before you came here?"

Draco grinned and turned to Blaise.

Blaise grinned, "We took a pit stop on the way to my wedding. Care to come along?"

Hermione's eyes about jumped out of her head and looked down at her clothes, which were jeans and a t-shirt. "Blaise, I cannot show up to your wedding in this-"

"I think I might be able to help," a voice called.

The three of them turned to see none other than Narcissa, standing at the end of the aisle with a dress on a hanger, hanging from her hand.

"Nice to see you again, daughter in law."

*- - -*
K so sorry for taking forever to upload this chapter. This story somehow disappeared for 48 hours but it's alright because it's fixed. Really love this chapter and I hope you do too! Thank you for the support!