Can I Stay With You?

Hermione couldn't keep the smile off her face for the rest of the night. She'd finally gotten close to him, finally was starting to understand him.

As Hermione readied herself for bed, the blonde headed idiot kept popping up in her head.

The smile finally dropped from her face as she anxiously slid into bed.

Hermione's hands shook as she dragged up the covers to cover her chest. She didn't want to close her eyes, for she knew the nightmares that were waiting to greet her.

She knew for a fact that they would appear, they had appeared for the past month, every night. She'd began the habit of putting silencio charms on her room so that she wouldn't wake everyone else in the house up.

But tonight, so many thoughts swam through her head, that she had forgotten.

And she was going to pay for it.

Hermione found herself staring directly at a brick wall inside the castle. Hermione blinked and suddenly, Fred Weasley was crouched down in the corner, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Fred!" She cried out in despair.

Fred fired one last spell at the death eater, which he blocked easily. The death eater smirked and all but laughed as he spat those dreadful words, "Avada Kedavra!"

"NO!" Hermione cried, closing her eyes in fear.

When she opened them again, however, she was standing outside on Hogwarts' grounds, surrounded by her classmates, family, and teachers.

Hermione's stomach twisted as she looked ahead, seeing a cloud of black.

Death Eaters.

They swarmed around, parting as Hagrid, the most joyful giant you'll meet, stomped forward, his head bent in despair, tears streaming down his massive cheeks.

"Whose that?" Ginny asked, stepping forward, "Neville, whose that? That Hagrid's carrying?"

Ginny's voice slowly increased in pitch, reaching a high shriek in desperation.

"Harry Potter is Dead!"

"NO!" Hermione sobbed, her knees buckling as she dropped to the ground.

She raised her head again, weakly, to be met with a monstrous snake swiftly making its way towards her.

She was suddenly aware of the arms around her, tugging her backwards.

Ron.

"Hermione!" Ron yelled from behind her.

Hermione screamed as the snake lunged forwards, going in for the kill.

She squeezed her eyes shut and she could still hear Ron's voice, calling for her.

Hermione fell, her body shaking as she landed on the ground.

"Hermione!" A voice called. It wasn't Ron's

Hermione opened her eyes and was immediately met by deep gray eyes filled with concern.

She flung herself forward, embracing him as she cried. Her arms clung around his neck, he surely was having trouble breathing, yet he didn't complain. Her hands gripped his back so hard he'll have marks. Her head was dug between his shoulder and his neck, not wanting to leave his hold.

Draco's arms held her body to his, leaving no space between them.

One of his hands held her firmly to his body while the other pushed her messy hair out of her face, caressing her cheek and wiping away tears when they appeared.

Neither of them said anything for a long time until Hermione finally settled down with a long sigh, still hiccuping.

"Draco?" His heart swelled.

"Yeah?"

"Can I stay with you?"

"Any Day."

*—-*