Confession

Hermione entered the Malfoy manor, trying to be as quiet as possible, in case Draco was here.

If I was Narcissa Malfoy, where would I be right now?

Hermione checked all over the house, all the bedrooms, the library, the kitchen, the garden, everywhere! Hermione stood in the living room, catching her breath when she heard someone clear their throat.

Hermione looked in through the glass doors of an office and saw Narcissa sitting behind the desk, filing through papers.

Hermione took a deep breath and started for the door. She's been looking for this woman for the past 30 minutes but Hermione never realized she had absolutely no idea what to say.

Hermione knocked softly on the door, hearing a muffled "Come in."

Narcissa smiled as she looked up and saw her standing there. "Hermione."

Hermione smiled slightly, her stomach basically a tornado, "Hi Narcissa, um- I have something to talk to you about. I-It's quite important."

Narcissa's eyebrows furrowed together, "What is it then, Dear."

Hermione took a deep breath and launched into her story.

"The first night I stayed here, Draco and I- we-" Hermione closed her eyes, "we had sex."

She didn't dare open her eyes, not wanting to see the disgusted look on her face, "I'm sorry, but that's the truth."

Hermione's hands started to shake, "We we're both drunk, so we didn't use anything. I asked a friend of mine to cast a pregnancy test spell and it was positive."

Hermione looked straight into Narcissa's eyes and said, "I'm pregnant, with your son's child-" Hermione sobbed, "I'm sorry! I never meant for this to happen. I'm not ready to be a mother!"

Hermione looked back up at Narcissa, whose face was calm, "And I know that Draco is not ready to be a father, especially to my child."

Hermione shook her head, "I'm sorry, I'm not getting rid of it. I'm keeping it. I'll live at my parents' house, they'll help me take care of it there. Thank you for your generous hospitality, but I'll go pack my things."

Hermione stood, sniffing and hiccuping as she went, but stopped when she heard Narcissa say, "What about Draco?"

Hermione turned to face her, "What about Draco?"

Narcissa sighed, "Have you told him? Doesn't he have a right to know?"

Hermione cried harder, "No, I haven't told him, and I'm not planning on telling him. He has no right to know about this! He made my life hell at Hogwarts, he was a jerk and a bully! He might've changed, but he can barely be in the same room as me for more than an hour! How are we supposed to raise a child?"

Hermione took a deep breath, "Draco will be here, living the life he wanted without me in it. That's how it's supposed to be. My coming here was only an inconvenience for him. I'm tired of being an inconvenience."

Narcissa stood and walked over to Hermione and pulled her into a tight embrace, "Are you sure about all of this? You two could get married! Share a life together! Turn something unplanned into something wonderful."

Hermione pulled away, "I'm sorry Narcissa, I can't."

Narcissa nodded and kissed Hermione on the forehead, "Don't worry about your things, Dear, I'll get them to your house. I will personally come over there if you do not give me updates."

Hermione smiled and nodded, thanking her too many times to count.

Hermione shut the door of Narcissa's office behind her and relief washed over her.

Now, all that was left to do was to avoid Draco Malfoy for the next 8 1/2 months.

*—-*