3

The streets were normal. People going around there business, beggars on the streets, officers arresting innocent people, stealing around every corner. But there was still good in France.

Clara was of these goods. She was startled from all the poverty on the streets after being isolated for so long. Clara spent more and more of her time with Louis sending food for the hungry and warmth to the cold.

One particular day her help seemed the upmost needed when in reality it was her who needed it the most.

March 11, 1831

"Hello", Clara greeted the incoming regulars to the book store. It was very much a peaceful day, the outcast had moved leaving rays of sunlight to enter the shop. Musichetta had taken a day of to spend with Joly, which much joy to Clara was the same Joly she had met a month earlier. Looking around the shop only a handful ever came, an old man, a man with a moustache, a young student, and another girl. But, to there newest addition to there regulars was another student that Musichetta always bragged about but, Clara never seen during her shifts. The sound of the bell chiming released throughout the room, entering another regular. 

"Clara you won't believe what happened today", a skinny brunette girl entered the shop almost skreeching. Clara sending apologetic looks to the others around sat the girl down.

"Now what's got my dear Eponine so excited that she almost ruins our shops reputation", Clara sets down Eponine to a seat next to her, still glazed

"I think I'm in love", Eponine releases a happy sigh then continues to glaze off til nothingness.

"Well just don't do anything stupid", Clara rants before stacking returned books.

Love works it's wonders, Clara smiled at the giggling girl who was just walking with such a grim look a few days minor.

"CLARA WE NEED HELP", the book shop's door slammed opened. Clara dashed to the resgister, both boys Oliver and Elzo panting, paler than she ever seen the too olive skin pair.

"Just go, I got it", Eponine reassures the  other girl. The words didn't even hear her and followed her boys.

Going around the twists and turns of Sainte Michelle made her stomach churn. They made there way to the elephant statue.

The thoughts ran wild on why exactly they were there til it came down to one.

The Children.

Oliver having the stronger built climbed into the structure bringing back a tiny figure anyone who would accidentally mistake it as a doll.

She did wished it was a doll, but to her horror it was a small boy with a gash covering with dry blood.

"W-wwe camme to find you as quick as we could, he's been living with us a couple days noww. We found  him he mussta slipped getting inside. I donnt know what to do", Ezro sniffled the best of his tears.

Clara places her head on the unconscious boy's chest, checking for a pulse. 

Okay still pumping, still breathing.

What would Joly do? Clara thoughts screamed again.

"JOLY, BOYS HURRY", Clara forgot her friend was a doctor himself. Clara wrapped her arms tight around the boy and dashed. She figured he would be at his small apartment on the Friday afternoon and made her way through the streets.

"jOLy help, open up", Clara banged on the small complex door. "Hey Cla- What happened? Get inside", Musichetta opened the door to also drop in her usual rosy cheeks to pale.

"Place him on the table, I'll get Joly", Musichetta push everything off a dining table and ran to another room.

"Okay, Let's see here", Joly, hair still messed up came into the room with a box in hands. Examining the young boys head Joly started cleaning his head then banging him.

"He should be fine, just a hit on the head. He would be waking up in a few" Joly laied the young boy onto an extra bed.

"Thank god", Clara hugged them all. The couples' front door opened leading in another friend.

"Courfeyracwhat impeccable timing you have. Very bad one indeed", Joly jokes when his eyes met the body of the resting boy.

"I know him is he okay?", Courfrac rushed over to the boy. "He's just fine, he needs rest now that's all", Joly reassured his friend. With a sigh of relief he turns to Clara.

"Grantaire is going crazy, you have been missing all day. ", Courfeyrac informs her. Clara looks around frantically to the window to not have any more sun rays coming inside but darkness.

"It's that late already, I didn't pay attention. Musichetta, Joly can you do me a favor. Please take care of them for the night", Clara ran her hands between the two boys hair. Both had fell asleep around the injured boy, no one in the room had the heart to wake them up. They had no where to go but the elephant statue.

Giving all three friends a hug, Clara glanced at the three boys again and left. She had a bad feeling about tonight.

"I should have stayed its so cold", Clara muttered to herself rubbing her hands together for warmth. She stopped at her heel from a sudden grunt. Clara was far ways from any of those bad neighborhood Grantaire warned her to keep out of. She was only a block away from home.

"Now, you're going to tell us where that little pretty of yours is", a slimy voice echoed the streets.

"Never", a voice she knew all to well croaked another hit viberated the walls.

"Wrong Choice"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[A/N]

Get wreaked. Cliff Hanger.

So who you guys think is that.

Thank you so much for reading don't forget to vote.💞