Act 2; Managed

[The ABC Cafe, where the students, led by Enjolras, meet to discuss their revolutionary plans.]

"At Notre Dame the sections are prepared!", Combeferre told the group. "At rue de Bac, they're straining at the leash!", Feuilly added. 

"Students, workers, everyone. There's a river on the run, like the flowing of the tide. Paris is coming to our side", Courfeyrac brought the news.

"The time is near. So near, it's stirring the blood in their veins! And yet beware, don't let the wine go to your brain", Enjolras voice was oozing with excitement while he directed his last line to Grantaire, which he rolled his eyes to.

"For the army we fight is a dangerous foe. With the men and the arms that we never can match. It's easy to sit here and swat 'em like flies. But the national guard will be harder to catch. We need a sign, to rally the people, to call them to arms, to bring them in line!", Enjolras said as he wish Emil was there for her big ideas.

"Marius, you're late", the younger boy entered causing him to grab all the attention in the room. "What's wrong today? You look as if you've seen a ghost", Joly nudged Marius before sitting down with Grantaire giving him another wine bottle.

"Some wine and say what's going on", Grantaire offered the new wine bottle to the stressed boy. "A ghost you say... a ghost maybe. She was just like a ghost to me, one minute there, and she was gone!", he sounded distressed.

"I am agog! I am aghast! Is Marius in love at last? I have never heard him 'ooh' and 'ahh'", Grantaire started walking around to Marius making different gestures to him. "You talk of battles to be won, But here he comes like Don Ju-an. It's better than an o-per-a", Grantaire continued doing a final pose.

"It is time for us all, to decide who we are. Do we fight for the right to a night at the opera now", Enjolras pushed the drunk Grantaire onto his seat and mocked him. "What's the price you might pay? Is it simply a game for rich young boys to play? The color of the world is changing day by dad", he said his mind.

"Red- the blood of angry men! Black- the dark of ages past! Red- a world about to dawn! Black- the night that ends at last!", Enjolras got inspired and spoke his mind more.

"Had you been there tonight. You might know hot it feels; to be struck to the bone in a moment of breathless delight! Had you been there tonight, you might also have know. How the world may be changed in just one burst of light! And what was right seems wrong and what was wrong seems right", Marius went up to his face as Enjolras kept glancing at the backroom.

"Red", Grantaire stood mocking yelling. " I feel my soul on fire!", Marius continued. "Black- My world if she's not there", Grantaire and Marius stood there ground. "Red", all of them joined this time. "The color of desire! Black the color of despair", they all went together.

"Marius, you're no longer a child. I do not doubt you mean it well, but now there is a higher call. Who cares about your lonely soul. We strive toward a larger goal out little lives don't count at all", Enjolras brought the younger boy down to reality.

"RED- THE BLOOD OF ANGRY MEN! BLACK- THE DARK OF AGES PAST! RED- A WORLD ABOUT TO DAWN! BLACK- THE NIGHT THAT ENDS AT LAST!", All of them repeated Enjolras words again.

"Listen! Listen!", Gavroche rushes in climbing on Oliver's shoulders to get everyone's attention, but everyone was too focused on the plans. "GENERAL LAMARQUE IS DEAD!", Gavroche yelled getting everyone to be silent.

"Lamarque is dead. His death is the hour of fat. The people's man his death is the sign we await! On his funeral day they will honor his name. It's a rallying cry that will honor his name. It's a rallying cry that will reach every ear! In the death of Lamarque we will kindle the flame they will see that the day of salvation is near! The time is here! Let us welcome it gladly with courage and cheer, let us take to the streets with no doubt in our hearts, but a jubilant shout. They will come one an all they will come when we call!", Enjolras told them his new plan from the silence.

Muffled voices then shouts slipped in the thin walls giving the girl a head-ache. Slowly the girl managed to get herself on her feet wobbling a step at a time to the door no matter how long it took her. There were crowds of men backs all facing her to busy on looking at papers still yelling at each other. Doing the best she can she stood on one of the back tables. Finally when she stood up swiping her white gown.

"IF YOU GUYS DON'T SHUT UP YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ALL OF FRANCE FIRST I HEAR COLORS, YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY I'M NOT GOING TO PUNCH YOU GUYS OR YOU ALL WILL SEE COLORS", she yelled causing the all to gasp.

"Clara", each one of them breathe out, while she pulled off her signature grin.