4

"Now, you're going to tell us where that little pretty of yours is", a slimy voice echoed the streets.

"Never", a voice she knew all to well croaked another hit viberated the walls.

"Wrong Choice"

Clara now goosed bumped tried to peak out of the corner to see what was happening. The streets light barely worked, but she knew the figure all to well

A mess of black hair a lean structure.

"Get your hands off me", Louis spit at the other towering man face struggling at knife point.

Louis struggled more than saw little Clara peaking. "Get out of here", he mouthed while the another man pinned him to the wall.

Clara couldn't move.

"Tell me we could have been taking this the easy way but no. What is she upstairs, sleeping. Down at a cafe being a whore?", the same man whispered yelled.

"Stop talking about yourself, Montparnasse", Louis head banged the man in front of him.

I have to think of something fast, Clara did the only thing that might help.

She screamed,"HELP SOMEONE"

"Shit the police, you won't forget this", Monparnasse little gang fled. But at the last moment Louis tried to grab Monparnasse.

At the moment of struggle Monparnasse had stabbed the man, with no remorse he removed his knife and wiped it on Louis' clothes.

Clara rushed out to the scene balancing Louis on his feet. But he fell back with her trying to lift him with his final breathes.

Louis tucked a strand of the girls hair behind her ear touching her red ribbon.
"Take care of him will you. I love you both so much", Louis chuckled brushing his hand over her cheek.

"nnNononono you can't leave us now, We need you.", Clara started crying lifting the man up.

"It's okay now", Louis gave her his million dollar smile, her tears going on his face. His eyes glassed over his stare at the night sky and street lights.

Clara hug on the older man tightened as his breathe disappeared begging god to tell her this wasn't his plan.

"Duhd-dad", Grantaire came from the corner rushing to his knees to his old man.

Neither slept that night, holding to the blood soaked man. They arranged the funeral, it was small but Louis wouldn't have it either way.

Many came from the city who knew the man of good deeds. But as many as they came the quicker they left after he was placed in the ground. Grantaire and Clara left giving this small hugs and looks of worry.

Even Enjorlas he wasn't that cold Clara thought he was.

Clara and Grantaire both bloodshot and red noses were still staring at the tomb.

"R lets go", Clara hoarse voice him out while tugging him slightly.

They walked in silence unlike there other days of adventure of exploring the city.

Once they got to the empty complex Grantaire slammed his bedroom door. Clara went to hers and tried to forget everything. Which failed as the sobbing of the house and bottle breaking was echoing.

Clara rummaged her closet to find a box that was never opened and a letter

"To Clara, Happy Birthday. You have grown so fast, I remember your first days always admiring this and its time for me to give it to you. I love you, don't forget.

p.s. you get permission to hit R as much as you want.
-Louis"

Tears stung Clara's face again as she laughed at the last part. Opening the forgotten gift, she was at shock.

It was Louis' red jacket, she never saw him take it off until 2 months ago. Clara hugged the jacket while falling to her knees against the door.

They cried and cried til she blacked out.

Smoke filled the complex, fire was eating the house. Clara was woken by the smoke and opened the door. The hallway leading to Louis room was now gone because of the fire. She slipped on her jacket and ran to search for Grantaire.

He was yelling at the fire close to being burned. Before he jumped in Clara to his place her left shin meeting the fire's taste, she screeched. Grantaire wide eyed at the girl, lifted her out to stare at his mistake.

Clara limped out pulling Grantaire with her trying to save the useful things they needed before fleeing the complex.

"ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING", Clara yelled at him for the first time with meaning tears going down her face. Grantaire brought her to a hug silencing her.

"You're drunk", she pushes herself off her best friend as the fire died to pick up their stuff.

"Clar-", her vision darkened as she faced Grantaire and fell.

------------------------------------------
[A/N]
hi i'm not okay now.

what do you guys think? I feel so evil rn

thank you for reading don't forget to vote💞