13

It felt like an ordinary day

But, Clara was woken by the soft snores and rising falling of a chest underneath her. Grantaire did not snore at all so when she opened her eyes she was relieved it was just Enjolras.

"My Apollo wake up", she kissed him on both of his cheek and then on the crook of his neck. "Mon Amour, it is morning. Let us sleep for a few more minutes, I love you with me", he kissed her hair then littered her face in kisses causing her to giggle.

"No can do, I still have a job", Clara got off the bed and began putting on her dress. "But it just down the street", Enjolras pouted while putting his hands on her waist. "Well I have to check on Grantaire, it won't take long but I must", Clara kissed him reassuring while he put on a white shirt.

"Do you not own a coat at all", Clara scanned the place. "Not since the last time you pushed me into a puddle',he huffed causing her to burst out into laughter.

"I am sorry, well you can have mine. I want you to have it. Now it's like your my own rebellion flag", Clara forced the burgundy coat on him. "There perfect", she pulled down his carvat.

"You're perfect", he tried to reface. "I'll see you later", she gave him one last kiss before heading to the studio complex.

"R I'm back", Clara opened the door and kissed his cheek but, he was to distracted on his drawings. "Hello, I think it's finally finished, can I see your locket", returned the kiss on her cheek.

"I'm sorry for leaving you last night", she handed him the locket while touching the material on her dress. "I understand, you were bound to leave me sometime to become someone's wife. I'm glad it's Enjolras than anyone else", Grantaire reassured her. "There finished", he handed back her locket.

"It's beautiful", Clara opened her locket to find the picture of her and Timothee on the right side and on the left side a very realistic picture of her, Grantaire, and Enjolras. "Thank you, you know how much I love you", Clara hugged him. "I have to go to the book store now, I'll see you later at the meeting", she hugged him again and made her way out the door.

---

" I'm already late", Clara muttered to herself taking a short cut through the alley. But something blocked the other end.

"Well Missy, it's been quite awhile hasn't it", Montparnasse tall figure blocked the exit while the way she came was blocked by the rest of the goons.

Clara's face started to pale remembering the events of Louis. "You know I can get a lot of pretty pennies for you Clara or should I say Princess Clarise", he got closer to her and twirled her hair around his finger. He was handsome up close but, he didn't have right vibe as Enjolras or Grantaire. She tried to get away from him. "I don't know who is that", Clara pushed his hand away.

"Don't you lie to me girly. They said they wanted you turned in but, why don't you and me have a little fun.", Montparnasse shooed away his goons while pinning Clara to the wall. "Get away from me", Clara yelled but it got muttered as he put a rag to muffle her.

"We can do this the easy way. Or we can do the hard way, and doll you don't want me to do you hard", he tried to grab her waist closer to him. "Stop it", Clara spit out the rag and scratched his face. "It's the hard way I guess". his face began to redden with small scars.

Montparnasse continued to punch the girl. At one point he knocked her head into the wall causing the girl to go slightly dizzy.

"GET AWAY HER", a voice boomed from the other end of the alley. Montparnasse body was thrown off her while Clara fell to the ground. Enjolras continued to beat him til his vision wasn't red anymore and quickly made his way to Clara.

"Clara mon amour. Keep your eyes open okay we are going to get you all better. Joly is going to patch you up. Then we can get married a couple days after, move to the country, have five children. Hell speak I want to name them after everything about you. I love you just focus on me", Enjolras carried her bridal style and ran through the streets whispering things to keep both of them distracted.

"I would like that", Clara softly laughed." I love you so much, you are really my Patria my home. Please forgive me for all my trespasses, my sweet Apollo", she breathed out her final words of summer letting her eyelids fall down.

"No no no no, Mon Amour, my Patria. Stay with me. JOLY OPEN THIS DOOR", Enjolras started banging at the door before the medical student opened it. "oh god hurry ", Musichetta was in tears seeing one of her best friends bloody.

--

"I have done everything I can. She is stable but, I can't tell when she would wake up", Joly came out grim and broke the news to the original Les Amis gathered. Enjolras collapsed crying more having a broken conversation to himself which was barely audio. Grantaire's eyes were already bloodshot was frozen. Everyone else looked at the ground shock on how the strong women got in this situation.

Enjolras stood up wiping his tears on her red coat and entered the room. She looked peaceful like she was sleeping but, bruises splattered around her body made him cringe. He  carefully carried his fiance and brought her out the door.

"Enjolras, what are you doing", Gavroche took notice of him Oliver and Elzo right behind him. "She wouldn't want to miss anything", he didn't look up at any of them just her chest slowly rising and falling. They had respected his choice.

The night was cold and no one loitered the streets unlike the morning. The walk felt longer than usual with Clara not insulting him on something or her laughter tickling his ear.

"Enjolras, I thought the meeting was cancelled. Oh my- is she okay", Madame Houcheloup gasped at the girl's limp figure. "She will be okay", he took her up the stairs and into the backroom.

"Mon Amie, please come back to me", Enjolras placed her on a makeshift bed and lied down next to her, watching her expecting her blue eyes to show themselves before the last thing he saw before he slept was her.

"Where is Clara", "Can anyone find that paper", "SomEone get GRanTaire hes all over me". The shouts of complains spread across the room giving Enjolras a head ache.

'I wish Clara was here right now' he expected her to walk out the door giving orders. "LISTEN UP", Enjolras silenced the roon. "The papers are right here, Jehan take Grantaire off of Courfryac and take care of him. Clara is recovering right now no more questions", he took in charge and everyone listened.

He took glances at the back room door ' I do hope what I am doing is right Mon Amour. You are my Patria", Enjolras thoughts spoke for themselves.