12

"Timothée"

Clara gasped at her twin brother while tears filled her eyes.

"I've missed you", Timothée got teary too as she hugged him. "Where have you been, I had looked all over for you.", He buried his face into her hair.

"There was this fire and it was terrible I couldn't find you anywhere. But everything is well. How is mother and father", Clara responded while he pulled away both of then admiring how much they grown.

"That's what we need to talk about. I can finally take you home now. We can be a family again", Timothée smiled at her while she frowned more. She couldn't leave her friends to fight while the government on top of that lying that she is a princess.

"I can't do that, Timmy. I have so much to do here", His eyebrows creased while she told her half true."But, we wanted this for so long, I don't think I can let you go now", Timothée eyed her locket thinking of his within his uniform.

"I am sorry", she placed a kiss on her brother's cheek and went running through the twist and turns she knew too well. "HURRY THERE GOES PRINCESS CLARISE", guards ran all over looking for her as she took a sharp turn entering the Café Musain.

"Dear why are you huffing so much", Madam Houcheloupquestioned the girl as she entered the Café. "It's nothing just wanted to come sooner", Clara hugged the older woman.

"Well there is something upstairs for you I want you to check it out first", Madam  told her while she nodded heading up.

The walk to the room upstairs had a different vibe than usual. She had to tell the boys about her identity soon, hell Grantaire didn't even known yet. Clara opened the door expecting it to be filled with the boys but instead was one.

Enjolras was standing in the middle of the room back facing her, but she could tell it was him from his blonde hair and his leaderly stance.Out of nowhere Jehan came out playing his violin.

"Clara I know I have not known you for along time, but it feels like it's been forever. I have fallen in love with everything about you. To the small way you stand on your toes to get a book to the way you yell at me all the time. I want to make this forever into an enternally with you. Will you Clara marry me?", Enjolras went on his knee holding out a ring when Jehan stopped playing.

Clara was shock, she never really thought about the day she would really get proposed, married, having children, growing old. She was stuck in the moment of the revolution to think about these things. And here she was standing in front of one of the men she loves in her life asking to marry. Would she really give up the rest of her life for this man on his knee.

"y- Yes ", she took awhile to respond but stuttered like no one heard before. After Jehan started fiddling and Enjolras went to hug her. He put the ring on her finger, it was a simple band but she loved simple and sweet. After he put his own ring out and finished it off with a simple yet sweet kiss.

A bunch of hollering and clapping came after, bringing Clara's attention. The original Les Amis was there and a couple of newer recruits. She started to blush and buried her face into Enjolras shirt.

After some while of them wilding up and popping out wine they got to loud. "OKAY IF YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO TELL ALL OF FRANCE OUR PLANS OR MARRIAGE QUIET DOWN", Clara yelled while Enjolras went to get a drink.

"She's can be so scary", Combeferre nudged the smiling man. "That what makes her so scary, and cute at the same time", he blushed slightly while the other rolled his eyes.

The meeting was concluded but was really only going over each person's speech and congratulating the couple.

"Let me see" Madame Houcheloup rushed to Clara while she showed her the simple band. "Boy you can do so much better, you're good that Clara loves you this much. If I was her I might have said no", Madame Houcheloup hit Enjolras at the back of his head.

"Well it's closing so everyone out, I want to sleep", Madame  Houcheloupushered each boy and man out only leaving the couple and Grantaire in the room. "I know you two can let yourselves out just take care of him", she pointed at the drunk Grantaire.

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow", Clara hugged the women and made her way to Grantaire. "Claraa I got something to tell you i", Grantaire slurred then passes out on the table.

"He has never been this drunk. R usually have a high tolerance, how much did he drink", Clara grunted trying to carry him but failed thinking he got heavier. "Let me help you mon amour", Enjolras hooked one of Grantaire arms under his while she did the same.

"Mon amour, I like the sound of that my Apollo", Clara blushed while they carried him down the stairs and out the door.

"There you go", Clara tucked the blanket on Grantaire as he moved muttering here and there.

"I'll see you tomorrow my Apollo", Clara made her way to him as he sat down. "No can do mon amour, I won't leave you from this point on", Enjolras rejected her. "Excuse me, I am a grown woman", she exclaimed.

"Yes you are and that's why I'm not leaving you alone", his eyes shifted from the only bed in the studio with Grantaire in it to her. "Oh, well we have been sleeping for the same bed for who knows how long now. Nothing will happen", Clara redden at his reasoning.

"What if something does happen. I don't want anyone touching you, even if he is like family. You can stay at my place, I only want you to sleep in the same bed as me and only me", Enjolras went to embrace her.

"But, I can't just leave him", Clara words muffled into his clothes. "Just for tonight, then you can decide after that", Enjolras tried not to show his shift of emotion. "Okay just let me get some stuff and leave a note", she pulled away and done just that.

"Just around this corner", Enjolras held her hand as he led her back to his apartment that wasn't that far from the Café.

"Very convenient when you say around the corner", she sarcastically said referring what he said 10 minutes ago. His apartment was a good size with a makeshift mattress in the corner of the room and a desk piled with papers and books.

"Nice place you got here Apollo, fit for a god", Clara snickered at her own joke.  "Whatever, come over her you need rest", Enjolras snickered with her and began to remove some of his clothes.

"See something you like mon amour", Enjolras teased her. "Yes I do enjoy looking at my world", she played him back, "But, now turn around I need to change".

Clara removed her usual navy blue dress to a flowy white sleeping gown. "Didn't I tell you to turn around", she saw his awed expression when she reached the bed. "You didn't say how much to turn. You're too beautiful not to admire", he admitted while bring her down to the bed.

"You need to know I love you so much and would do anything to protect you", Enjolras faced her while starring into her, during the time his hand traced over her and their rings.

"I feel the same, I love you", Clara went and placed her head on his chest while he played with her hair til she slept.